Pages

Tuesday 29 September 2009

A Quiet Post


I had promised to show you where we went on Sunday. Since then our sickly Hilda hen who had always been the weakest of the flock has died. and so my mood has changed. She had a heartattack and keeled over in the henhouse which I think has got to be so much better than the alternative. Hilda was the sweetest of the four - the one who was always standing behind me as I hung the washing or walked around the garden. Each time you lose a pet who has become part of the family it's not any easier than the last time.

Instead of much chat I will just leave you with a few pictures of things that caught my eye at Gressenhall Museum which was once a workhouse and also has a farm.





We all enjoyed ourselves the most at the farm where piglets played around their mother and naughty hens walked wherever they pleased.



Finally the farmhouse teacosy, the colours and style of which I found rather inspiring for future projects.



8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hilda sounds like she was quite a sweet little hen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss of Hilda :(.

    A sad end to what looks like a lovely family day out. Will add there to my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that Hilda has passed away. It's never easy to loose a pet.

    take care and lots and lots of hugs,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i am so sorry - it hits you so hard when one of your animal family goes :(
    thinking of you and hoping that your sweet Hilda has found my Tippy duck - they would look good together x
    sending you hugs
    t x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Hilda, it must have been nice hanging out the washing with her right behind you.....x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh really sorry to hear about the sad loss of Hilda. My poor beloved moggie is on borrowed time with us and its looking like I may have to take her on that dreaded journey to the vet very soon. Its so horrid, I'm glad Hilda went very quickly and in a place where she was happy.

    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im most sorry to hear about your family hen, thats most sad :(
    On a brighter note, I must comment upon that tea cozy - as I get older I am drawn towards these things, and although I dont own one (yet) I find myself gasping in delight at some of the quirkier and more colourful designs!

    Sending love
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw poor Hilda, I never get used to it either.xx
    (the farm and your booty finds in the other post are rather lovely x)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...