Pages

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Will it Be Back Soon?

I've been riding on a wave of creative ooommppaa for a while now. Making, making - ideas buzzing about here and there. Then suddenly one day with no warning it all stopped. I'm ambling about at the moment with no direction which isn't good for me. I hate these empty bits when they come along. They always turn up at some point and I'd completely forgotten what it feels like when they do. I searched about for inspiration for a while today, but as I had an ill Bun at home my search was limited to my wee homestead.


So I looked at some girly stuff, but no bells rang there.


Shapes, patterns and reflections all helped me draw up some ideas for embroidery patterns. Did I get stitchy? Well I looked at my threads for a while and then I got distracted again.


Then I tried some natural shapes. Shells, baubles and a thing. I don't actually know what my thing is called other than it's upside down and should be hanging on the wall. But then, I've always liked it upside down and on the floor.


Then I had another think and realised that just like every other time this has happened, I'll have to go with it. My ooomppaa will come back and I'll be making stuff again soon.

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's good to have a little break and I'm sure your ooompah will come back with lots of new inspirational ideas!
    I LOVE your cruet set by the way.

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi as i'm new to your blog, maybe if you tell me what you normally do it will inspire your ooopah to come home : )


    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I have times like too. I find reading other peoples blogs and looking at their wonderful creativity helps. Keep your chin up I'm sure it will be back soon.
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's horrible when your mind goes blank, especially when your fingers are still itchy to be doing something. I have a list as long as my arm, but still don't know where to start with it all. Coathangers are my thing at the moment.. Good luck with your mojo, it's lurking there somewhere. Dev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reason that you have the odd day off from being creative is that you have to give others a chance to catch up with you & the fab things that you do & make. You can't be 100% perfect, that would be fare on us mere mortals he he xxx
    See you soon Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it strange how sometimes we are buzzing with ideas and our fingers can't keep still then other days nothing.
    I find tea, cake and a bit of sunshine help put me in the mood. So when or if the sun comes out go outside with the said tea and cake and a note book and magic may happen.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like those times either. However, your brain just needs a break! Go buy some lovely cakes and visit the library and troll your favorite blogs or flickr groups; that usually does it for me. Can't wait to see what you come up with when your oomph is back:)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally sympathise with you. I have lots of ideas buzzing about in my head but i really have to be in the mood to sew. I work 9-3 four days a week and by the time i've got home and done all the mundane boring things there's no time left for nice things! Roll on summer hols that's what i say! Hope your creative side returns soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will! You will! I love the photo of the pink glass and the silver frame, such a beautiful combination. I can see although you're not physically making something, you're eye is still working 100%, no doubt about that!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure it will return soon, just take a nice litle break and it will return. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm running a bit late on this so I hope your mojo's back by now. I've been having much the same problem and feeling so guilty because I have a lovely new studio and and a blank mind! Looking forward to seeing you at the Pick n'Mix next weekend. P x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...