Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

3 Bad Boys

Not too sure if the old adage Bad Luck runs in three's is true or not, but we've been testing this theory of late and it seems to hold true for us at least. Firstly the hot water tank fused the house before it started a fire (good luck there then), then my car got really angry and kept overheating (big hole in the radiator) and since last week the broadbands refused to work. I thought I'd just see if I could get on here and surprise surprise it's working just now - sssshhh.

I've missed blogging to be honest. I really enjoy writing a tale around the photos I take of our doings. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to visit any blogs yet, I'm going to try that theory out soon if I manage to post this. If not we've a new Hub thing coming this week apparently.

Now to briefly step back in time to catch up with the small happenings that make me glad to be alive.


The Bun's and I have had a go at plaiting some fabric and threading some buttons and beads on to make jolly bracelets. If I ever get patient enough I'd love to make a large plaited rug, for now wee projects like this are perfect.


Last week while hanging about to collect three girls from a very late dance rehearsal I managed to grab the book that has been tempting me with it's gorgeous cover. I'm so glad I did as it's a feel good one.


Crochet Living is well worth it. Beautiful photography with a lot of things I'll definately be making. The colours used are also great for ideas of putting things together whenever I'm drawing a blank. I started bashing out the doilies on the front as soon as I'd fed the girls the next evening. The late afternoon sun was pouring in the windows and it felt good to have a moment at the end of a busy mid-week day to actually sit a while.


I'm also seriously drawn to this simply poncho. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that grey with orange or mustard is doing it for me at the moment.


Then there's this hat which looks the right shape to frame my face. I love hats, but they don't usually like me. Here's hoping this one will.


Then there's this gratuitous shot of squishy blankets, just because.


Today the sun has been pouring in again. I realise I need the light far more than the warmth, although warm would be good too. It makes me feel so uplifted and far more positive than those dreary winter months.


While planning my weeks teaching in my head, I've sat down to start the cardi in Pom Pom this morning. I've stopped while I try to work out a stitch called 3 into 9? I wanted a challenge and I think I've most certainly found it. Debbie Bliss 2ply lace is soft and knits up beautifully is the yarn I've chosen, but is a bit of a deevil to keep hold of.


I've been on a making roll today to be sure. I've made a top which I love (I'm wearing it right now) and cut out two bags which will probably get stitched later in the week now. If this here link to the world keeps on working, I'll be back soon to show you.

30 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed your broadband stays put....and no more nasty things lurking! Your message on my last post made me laugh, read it if you get a chance, it's just what my texts are like on my phone!!!
    That crochet book looks fab, I'm too busy decorating....and blog reading...to pick the hook up but I'm really wanting to make a granny blanket so do need to soon! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it Ada, what an odd ball I sound in that last sentence. You knew what I was on about I bet being a fellow daft texter.
      x

      Delete
  2. I love the hat - like you I don't usually 'do' hats but that one looks so pretty (of course I'd love the top as well, and the hair!) Sorry about your broadband - what a faff! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her eyebrows too Jane, don't think you're supposed to have eyebrow envy though?
      X

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the broadband.Have you tried braiding with your girls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'll look that one up Thanks for the tip beejay.x

      Delete
  4. It's funny how the right colour combination can make a pattern pull at your heart strings; I have a serious weakness for gold and blue or burnt orange and teal, it gets my eye every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your broadband is sorted, Lisa, I know I miss blogging when I can't.

    I don't know about the green hat - but I'd pinch that tunic top she's wearing in the blink of an eye! Scrumptious! Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it. Last years Joules I think which put me off, I'm not a Joules sort of woman. X

      Delete
  6. In have been wondering about that book for a while...looks like I will have to get it now...
    thanks for sharing the pages....

    Daisy xx

    PS hope broadband better today...hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love it Daisy, just up your street. x

      Delete
  7. Such lovely pictures, the crochet book looks fabby, I do wish I was better at it! And the light pouring through that beautiful room, such bliss to feel the sun on your face. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa! So sorry to hear things have been a bit pants recently...I hope things are on the upturn.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Car back, hot water running and pooter works so all good for today Nina. x

      Delete
  9. Hello Lisa
    I've missed not seeing you pop up with new posts, lovely to see you back again and thanks for sharing that gorgeous crochet book, such beautiful colours and designs. I'd love to have a sneek peek at all your crafty books, I bet you have quite a collection going on.
    Yes, thank goodness for the light and sunshine, gosh I have hated this long long extension of Winter. I've managed to hand washing on the line and go for sunny cycles this past weekend.
    Hope your broadband malarkey gets sorted and look forward to seeing your cardy grow xxx Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day you'll have to pop up to these parts and then you can have a peek through Penny. Getting the washing on the line has been one of life's pleasures this weekend. Something good feeling about it isn't there. x

      Delete
  10. NIce book and good luck with the broadband, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated being cut off, seems daft really doesn't it.

      Delete
  11. Hope you are reconnected properly again soon ... I would miss your sunny colourful posts ... love the hat and those gorgeous blankets ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee. Nice to hear sunny posts are what I deliver. x

      Delete
  12. It all looks quite lovely now the suns out for you over there. Love the crochet projects but it does make me smile as a child of the 70's , what was once considered "daggy" ( an Australian expression for old hat) has now been reworked, new fresh models, new colours and it's all good again!
    I was once the proud owner of a orange, brown and green granny square crochet tank top which I wore proudly with my brown roll neck top and flares. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore some seriously dodgy clothes in the 70's too, not sure I'd want to wear any of them again Susan. I like how the 70's have been reworked like you say.

      Delete
  13. ...lots of loveliness...thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your broadband connection gets sorted I would miss your posts, they brighten my day! Love that hat. Please make sure you post a photo if you make it. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very lovely thing to say Julie, thankyou. x

      Delete
  15. Glad your back, i missed your inspiring colourful posts. Love the green beret, can't wait to see your finished article! Catx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts on my posts Cat. Now I feel I need to get on with that hat sooner so I can show you. x

      Delete
  16. You have been very busy my dear.
    I'm hoping to make another vintage sheet dress this week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wondered where you were. What a rotten run of luck ... here's hoping that's the end of it.

    Happy knitting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was here all the time Annie, just couldn't make myself heard. No more nasty breakages for a while please.
      X

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...