Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

A road trip

Here I am again. It's this new fangled Blogsy thing. It's making life in the blogosphere a whole lot easier I must say.

Last week was half-term, we had a full few days indeed. Usually we like to take it slow and cosy, with a family day out or two. This time I made sure the girls and I were busy seeing friends.

At the end of the week we went on a little road trip. Just us three. All the way down to Sussex for lunch at the De La Warr pavilion in Bexhill to meet two special friends. Penelopemakes I met through blogging and Rainandroses and I met through Vanessa Cabban years back. Over time, many emails and chats later we now just chat on the phone as friends do, but who hadn't actually met up.

In the finest tradition of meeting bloggers, giving gifts is what you do.
These were opened later as we were very busy chatting and eating lunch.

Afterwards we all visited the Ladybird exhibition downstairs.

It was wonderful seeing the original artwork and then at the end all of the books together (this is just a third of them).

Impossible to pick a favourite, but here's one you might recognise from Shopping with Mother.

As it was the greyest rainy day I've cheated and grabbed a blue sky picture to show you this amazing building.

After a few lovely hours Penny had to leave us and so Karen came with us to Hastings. I wanted to show the girls all the places that were special in my life, all visited while I was pregnant with Rosey and living in Brighton.

We walked the streets at dusk in the rain, intrepid explorers that we are. Once we found Mr Foyle's house we made the next stop a cosy cafe for hot choc and cake.

The only cafe that was still open and with two large red sofas couldn't have been more perfect.

Afterwards we drove Karen home and then ambled onwards to Polegate to get lost in the dark and rain trying to find our travelodge. Thank heavens for mobile phones.

The next day we met Karen on the train to mooch around Lewes and have cake and a lazy lunch too.

We found lots to see and swoon over.

All too soon our day came to an end. We took the train back having our sadness at saying goodbye overshadowed by a Masonic wife and then a very chatty, loud but friendly lady sitting next to us.

Later we had a party tea in our room, played cards and laughed at Gogglebox. A rare treat tv in bed to fall asleep to.
The next day we drove on to Surrey through the snow covered Ashdown forest looking out for Winnie the Pooh and friends. We spent a lovely day with old friends catching up on gossip while the girls were hijacked by their youngest daughter, thrilled to see big girls after two brothers.
The last leg of our journey was hairy. The automatic gearbox failed and so it was all in second gear from Ipswich. Fun! But we made it back wishing we could have those days back again.
The next day I soothed my racing mind by tidying and clearing.

Now for some other catch up news. I bought a Nell brooch from my talented friend Lou. You can find her on Instagram as @nooandnell. My other brooch was a kind gift from lovely Erin @coffeekisses.

These are the squares for the Do you mind if I knit blanket? starting to mix up together. I've nearly received them all now.

Fabulously talented Laetitia of the bloggings of mrs bertimus machine stitched this beautiful square to add to the blanket. She's my mate through this world too you know. She's funny, warm, full of joy and creates amazing stitcheries and paintings you know.

Well that brings me up to date in terms of all the good stuff.

Thank you thank you so very much each and everyone of you sending your words of wisdom and support. I really do need them you know. Still having to live together and keep sane can be hard at times. My girls are an amazing pair to have. Thank goodness they're older and so we talk and laugh, occasionally we swear in the car for therapy.

I'm still waiting for my creative inspiration to come back and I know it will, it's just biding it's time for now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely trip. You are doing great! Your girls are so lucky to have a Mum like you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, I really appreciate you saying that. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your trip was a happy one, the rest will pass albeit slowly. It is good that your daughters are old enough to be supportive. I am certain that we will all welcome the return of your creativity, in the meantime just take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip. I've had similar times, when my creative spark disappeared but believe me it WILL return. Look after yourselve.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only just started following you but I am sorry to hear that things are tough at the moment. Your trip sounds great, you were down my neck of the woods. I love Bexhill, my daughter goes to college there, it has some great charity shops too!! I am glad you were able to have a special time over the hols. It can be tough trying to keep things 'normal' when they are far from it. I certainly found this when my Dad passed away suddenly last year. Do take of yourself, you are important and precious too. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only just started following you but I am sorry to hear that things are tough at the moment. Your trip sounds great, you were down my neck of the woods. I love Bexhill, my daughter goes to college there, it has some great charity shops too!! I am glad you were able to have a special time over the hols. It can be tough trying to keep things 'normal' when they are far from it. I certainly found this when my Dad passed away suddenly last year. Do take of yourself, you are important and precious too. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely trip, just what you need :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful time meeting friends in Sussex. I have a friend who lives in the same area who I met through blogland, well actually met long before that when I was a cross-stitch pattern tester. I met her for the first time last year. Its lovely to meet other bloggers.
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely trips you took, I am sure the memories will stay with you forever. I am sure your crafting mojo will return - maybe when things are more settled in your life. By the way, love your pic - your hair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely trip. Sussex is beautiful, we have family near Arundel and I remember visiting Lewes as a teenager with my Mum. Very best wishes to you and your girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely road trip! sounds like it was good medicine for all. Creating a new reality is also creating! all the best Heather X

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to meet up with bloggy friends and to be able to take along daughters old enough to enjoy the trip too.
    Creativity never goes away, it's just taking a short nap in order to give you time to recharge your batteries

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blimey, all the way from Ipswich in second gear. Sounds hairy! So glad, though, that you had a lovely happy time with your girls. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Much needed fun trip! Onward and Upward! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad for you and your girls that you had such a good time away together, you need a break from time to time don't you. I hope that the car is all fixed now, not fun! How great that you got to meet your two bloggy pals as well, that must have been a real highlight for you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you got all the techno stuff sorted, and I'm very glad you all had a splendid few days away too! Girl power.....can't beat it! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful half term full of vintage loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh I'm exhausted reading all of that! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great trip to my area of the UK, I am in Sussex not far from Polegate!, I enjoy wandering around lewes lots of little shops to look around. Take carexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful trip. You were right here in the heart of my manor. We are in St Leonards on Sea. The exhibition really is something else isn't it. I've been twice so far, and had lunch at the De La Warr both times of course! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like such a fab part of the country, it all looks gorgeous.
    So glad you all had a great time, you deserve it chuck x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have soo missed reading your lovely blog, it is back now in my morning routine!! Catx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I skipped to IG, so am catching up on blogs. It was the last bit about 'having to live together' resonated with me. I should have chucked mine out in 06 when I realised why he wasn't focusing on our daughter throughout her major heart op (for many reasons I didn't - regret now as I realised that he had prob been cheating on me since about 1986/birth first child). we still live as a #family but middle boy is about to leave home, eldest boy is an academic (ie not self sufficient At All lol) and daughter about to turn 18. Our mortgage is due to finish (not well, but whatever -see my blog 'Delayed Maturity on MadMiniMe - promise I'm not fishing) and am considering that would be the time to say farewell you F***wit!!! He was born in 54 so is completely old fashioned.
    Hey ho
    I am glad you are 'back in the room' ....stay strong.
    Susan xx (Dollyclothespeg62)
    PS Just feel I needed to add that we do not share a bedroom if that is not TMI.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...