Pages

Monday 25 January 2016

And suddenly it just came back again

Just after Christmas the urge to make things came back big time. 
The very opposite to having to give an addiction up, I was waiting for my creative addiction to come back again. 

And it has.

I'm so thrilled. My mum is thrilled. My girls are thrilled. My best mate is thrilled. My man is thrilled. 
It's a big part of me and it just got lost in all the debris of the past year. I wondered if I'd ever feel the desire to make anything again. 


For my first stitchery treat I whipped up an Arielle skirt by Tilly and the Buttons in a dark denim.
This is such a fabulous pattern. Great to make up and even better to wear. It hugs right up into the waistline and for an extra bit of sass I moved the buttons over to give a tighter wiggle.
I've worn it lots and lots and also made another one in black and a patterned red and blue one too.



If you've been tempted by this pattern then I'd say definitely give it a whirl as you won't be disappointed. 

As my dress size has dropped this year too, dresses I made before had been relegated to the not being worn pile. I got onto this problem a couple of weeks ago with one of my favourites, my Townie dress. A few alterations later and it was soon back in action again.


Then there's another Tilly and the Buttons pattern which I bought yonks back and have finally made up. 



For the Orla top I chose a Tania Whelan red hearts fabric that I've had  in the stash for a while. 


Now this was a joy to stitch up too. Even those curved front darts, which give a flattering shape once you get them to fit just so.

The best part about this pattern though is the beautiful snowdrop collar. 
To be truthful I don't like the shorter sleeve style. Might just be that it doesn't suit me, who knows? All the same I re-drafted those to a shape that I prefer. 






There it is then, the finished article being worn on our one and only chilly snowy day in Norfolk. Being a sensible kind of lady I made sure I wore my vest too to keep any risk of chills off my chest.


Last week I was busy stitching a new Mr Bobo Bun. My man's birthday was looming and I wanted him to have a little fellow of his own. 





The wee mouse that I'd bought to turn into a brooch climbed up on to his shoulder and refused to budge. How could I separate them? Two new friends that went off to their new home together and much loved from the off.

My stitching pile already has a man's shirt waiting for finishing flourishes and another Orla which needs fitting adjustments.


Then there's the Happy Shoppers I've started making again, all cut out on Friday to sell.

My minds racing ahead to the next few projects too. 
So yes, I think most definitely I'm back in the making saddle once more and enjoying it thoroughly.


And I always make sure I have a rest now and again with cake and hot choccy too. 


27 comments:

  1. Such beautiful makes, you can see the joy in every stitch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Lisa...just love what you are making, although the idea of dressmaking still makes me slightly panicky! Go girl! ;) xxx (ok A LOT panicky)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy crafting from a fellow crafter who has just got her crafting mojo back too...it's a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo happy to see this post and all your beautiful makes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what lovely makes
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy! I love your style - and your fabulous pattern weights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your skirt! Glad you are back in "making" mode!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see your mojo has come back, Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I have only just found your blog, and I am pleased your back to making, I love the skirt and top, shall have to look for the patterns. As for Mr Bobo he is amazing, can't wait to see morexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! so glad your mojo is back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad your mojo has come back, you've always made lovely things x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the blouse you made with hearts, so so pretty and the timing is perfect too, glad you are feeling more inspired to make things, it is the loveliest thing to want to do I think. Happy sewing! from Iowa, USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,I do envy your talent,such lovely things,the Bobo Bun is just so cuddlesome!Have you thought about audtioning for the Great British Sewing Bee?

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your patterned skirt. Also the new Bobo Bun. I've got some Liberty fabric waiting to be turned into a top,but still doing my woolly winter stuff. Soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoopee! It is so good to see you so positive and makerish. I really must get my machine out, it is mouldering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair looks sooooo goood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Golly you're a whirlwind! Brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy to see you are making lovely things again.
    Bobo bunny is very handsome and really quite vintagey.
    The blouse is gorgeous - I actually gasped out loud when I came to the photo of the lacy zip with heart shaped pull. Perfect!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. There will be no stopping you now! Can't wait to see the next things you whip up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How absolutely wonderful your sewing is and welcome back to creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah yes.... I know that feeling! After a time of debris like yours after which I too feared my creativity had gone lost I very well remember when it all came back again and it was such a happy fulfilling feeling! How wonderful to hear that you are getting into the swing again and just let your heart skip along with your creative hands!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have been busy! I must get round to getting a Tilly and the Buttons pattern to have a go at, your skirt and top are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excellent site I have bookmarked your site..
    ______________
    kristen stewart hot

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...