Pages

Monday 24 August 2009

H is for home


Or in our case the cottage with the little blue door.



I've been thinking for a while that you might like to have a bit more of a wander around the Bun cottage. I know I love having a good look around other people's homes, so it's my turn to return the favour. I've had to take a few snaps of the house recently so that will explain it's tidy state. Not a completely normal state of affairs to live this tidily honestly, especially with two girls moving from room to room to craft and then play trains or whatever else takes their fancy.

We moved into a cottage of dark wood doors, red carpets and apricot walls. I've redecorated nearly all the rooms and the outside doors and walls since we moved here two and a half years ago. Just our bedroom to go and lots of finishing off stuff and I'll be done, for now.

In we go through the appley green porch



past our little drinks men who sit waiting for another bottle



and into the room where I write my blog, faff about daydreaming and have playmobil, lego and Sylvanian worlds laid out around me.




Through the first door and into the sitting room.






Then the dining room where sewing, eating, crafty stuff and board games all take place. For Fliss here's the indoor shots of bunting I promised you, and there's some more to come too.





Down a small step into the kitchen. Mind your head if you're tall like us.




On the other side of the kitchen is the back hall. The only place with room left for our big bookcase and Alfie Blue's crate where he takes himself when it all gets too much. I won't show you the laundry room as it's a disastrous mess, but my shelves of fabric stash are in there.



A real luxury when we moved here with two tiny Bun's was having a downstairs cloakroom. No more mad dashing up the stairs before an 'accident' happened. There's even a teeny tiny bath in here, but I use it to store bags of stock as the garage of the hall is also overflowing with stuff. We don't need to see that.


Now then, back through the kitchen,




and up the stairs. These are still waiting to be painted, but really not an ideal job for the summer holidays.


Straight ahead and here's the bathroom. Recently apricot with orange and grey tiles. Tiles just need a few more coats of white and that's another room finished.



When I did Little Vintage Lover recently I bought a packet of 1940's advertising from the button lady. I bought it mainly for this fabulous 1943 advert which reminds me of Mr Bun in photos when he was a little boy. It helps that he loves football and custard and it really cheers up the bathroom.


Across a very small landing which is waiting to be plastered in Paris Rose wallpaper, but I haven't a clue how to wallpaper, so I'm still waiting.



Into little Bun's room.



Finally a quick peek at eldest Bun's room and we're finished. No pictures of our room as the Bun family were all sprawled over the room reading while I took these upstairs shots. Hope you enjoyed having a peek.


27 comments:

  1. I just loved the look around your house. It is so warm and brimming with fun and character. Now I feel the need to pull one of those lovely quilts around me and have a cup of tea. I'll be right over! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the peek into your lovely home..that pink refrigerator is just the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhhh - deep breath. Mrs B your home is 'g'orgeous, absolutely boutiful (is that how they say it in Norfolk?)

    Have a lovely week,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet homely home. I have that rocking horse in my living room! I got it at a jumble sale when I was wee. It was £5 - a FORTUNE to me but I dug into my savings!

    I actually really like the stairs unpainted by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what a great house. It's really lovely & cosy & very tidy! Let me guess all the junk was in your room?? Or is that something I would do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Nina it's Bootiful think of Bernard's ads.

    Rumbled me Josie. Junk was in our room as it normally is and only took photos above the floor in the Bun's room as you can't move in there.

    Mrs Bun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!!!!! What a beautiful cottage, just absolutely lovely, you're so lucky to have so much pace. Our cottage is just two up two down, with tiny living rooms, oh how i dream of having more than two people able to sit in a room at once!!!!!
    I think the fridge and the vintage toys are my favourite!
    Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what a lovely home you have.

    Thank you for sharing it with us and I am not jealous in the slighted of your pink Smeg! ;o)

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous home, thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! What a fabulous little tour of a very desirable little cottage. It's lovely chez Bun. Now, Bun,-bunting - coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mrs Bun,
    Your home is just beautiful, i'm loving everything about it.
    I have one question? where did you get that cute little child's clothes airer, I've looked for hours on google for one to go with the cupcakes vintage ironing board.
    Please let me know if you know where i can find one or if on your travels see one.
    Once again, I'm so sorry for rubbish lack of posting swap items. My head is well and truely low lol
    I'll email you our new address sweetie if you still love me lol
    Hugs you lovely lady.
    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tour, your home is so cosy and inviting x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gorgeous and full of character. Our house is 1980s! so can be abit bland. Your house is so interesting and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your front door is painted the same colour as my fence!!
    Gorgeous house, have a great week, x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved having a look around your country cottage is so warm and inviting.I love the dig for victory poster in the kitchen.My brother lives in a village just outside Norwich i have visited a few times and love all the cottages tucked away behind hedges my brother leaves me to it as he says i am being nosey.Could you let me know where you bought the poster dig for victory.Take care~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for letting me have a nosy round your beautiful home! Absolutely gorgeous!
    Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lisa,
    What a lovely home you have, so cosy and pretty, a real tribute to your decorating skills.
    Thanks for your comments on my quilt festival post, in particular my bank balance! The money to buy my fabrics and sewing notions/haberdashery/items as at the quilt festival, comes purely from the profits on the things I make and sell so is an achievable target for anyone!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. i just love your house.. it has such a lovely feel to it.. its the type of look im always trying to get in my house but this never seems to happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a scrummy yummy delicious post! Thanks what a lovely introduction to your pretty enchanted home. Do you think little Bun would notice if I moved in there?
    Love Sarah:D Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for sharing your beautiful home *sigh* simply stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh how lovely and cosy and colourful ..........
    i now need blue kitchen cupboards!!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH! I love it all! It's all perfect! But you missed my favourite armchair - the one in the blogging room with the envy inducing vintage quilt! I'm sure everyone would love to see it! t.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lisa your home is delicious and stuffed full of beautiful goodies. I spotted some lovely textiles some of which I recognise :-)

    Thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a pretty cottage. I love the pink fridge, it looks like it should be full something just as pretty and sweet, perhaps raspberry ripple ice-cream or perhaps I'm just feeling a bit hungry.
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely, homely home you have! I was interested to see your Bird's custard picture as I too have one of those but it's pink with a ballet dancing little girl (my blog post 30th June).
    Thank you for the tour! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous - all of it - when can I move in??
    CKx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the virtual tour of your lovely home ... I enjoyed every step of it:)
    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...