Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Yellow, Pink and Blue


Can you believe it? We were busy weeding the drive and look what we found hidden at the back behind an extra large thistle.



A limey yellow van. Old, but not as old as Mr and Mrs Bun. No this one was born in 1976 and not from around these parts either by the look of things.




We've started giving her a good clean up. For inside I think some new curtains at least and then we need to try and find her a new home. Mr Bun took a train to York quite a long time ago now and then drove this lady back home again. Sadly we've never had the time to enjoy her properly and now it seems it would be better to say goodbye so we brought her home from where she has been hiding. A little bit more of a clean up and on to ebay she will go.



After the big yellow van I settled down in the garden to try and finish my flower cushion. The Bun's hopped around blowing bubbles so they were happy and I had a minute or two to myself. I washed a blanket, bought ages ago at the village jumble sale, to use for the back ing. Then I began blanket stitching the two together in hot pink. I'm pleased with the result and yes it will be finished by tomorrow I'm determined.



While I sat there I kept looking at the French doors. One was still white and one was blue. Bun's still happy - so off I went with my paintbrush and slapped paint around for a bit. So there we have it, a few more jobs done and now a few days of going out to play with friends and family. Tomorrow we're meeting up with an old friend I was at school with and her children. In fact I hadn't seen her since we were not so sweet sixteen and then I bumped into her one day earlier in the year and I'm really glad I did.

After that only two more weeks left and my mood has changed from feeling wary of seven weeks to now feeling sad that it's nearly over. Am I alone in this I wonder? I doubt it.

15 comments:

  1. No, you're not alone. I was only thinking today how sad i'll be when the holidays come to an end. Especially as Jess will be starting comprehensive school, she seems fine and yet i'm terrified. I can't walk her to school anymore for fear of her being bullied and yet we live the other end of town to all her friends so who will she walk with. No, I most definately don't want the holidays to come to an end!
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think it would be too expensive to post your gorgeous van over to me? Second thoughts my mail box isn't big enough!
    Enjoy the last weeks of the hols',x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your van, it's the perfect colour.
    Yes you will see the little birds at Woodbridge in their various nests. I am just beginning to realise how soon the fair is. I also have rag strip bracelets with a bird button and other autumnal bits and pieces but, I still feel a slight panic in the air though but am looking forward to the event.
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not alone - no. Thougd a rare treat for me, in two years I'm back down to having just the one child at home though sadness as I know two are starting their journey of flying the nest.

    Love your lime VW - hope he sells though I do know Bertie is after one!!

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your van.... I want it but can't drive :(
    Can't wait to see the cushion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have mixed feelings about the end of the holidays, on one hand I don't relish the routine having to come back but I really need some breathing space!!
    I'm drooling over the van :) We have been having very serious talks about one coming to live with us (not a trillion miles from you reading between the lines!!!) but I think we will have to wait until the baby is older to justify having one, from a time and financial point of view!!
    Don't suppose you can hide it back behind that thistle!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your carvan.
    From Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I'm excited to see the finished cushion - do show us!

    Oh your van. I have a yearning for one but it's just not practical at the moment. Good luck with the sale - will you be sad to see her go?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh love your van, I desparately want one of these hmmmm I wonder if I can convince DH that it is a NEED rather than a WANT? ;-) If it won't fit in Jus's postbox, I'm sure it will fit in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo love the campervan :-)
    your definately not alone - i was very aprehensive in july and now trying to cram everything into the last 2 weeks !
    enjoy your days
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa,
    I'm a bit sad it's nearly over too!
    I did follow your pattern, mine isn't half as good as yours, i'd wanted to make one for a while but just didn't know where to start, when I saw how pretty yours was it really inspired me, I should have said in my post that I followed your instructions, I'll pop that bit in tomorrows post. Thanks so much for your lovely blog it's one of my favourites! Fliss x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the van. I saw Emmie at Buddha yesterday who mentioned it! It looks fab - I'll have to keep checking ebay! Glad you have enjoyed the summer hols.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That van is gorgeous! Let us know when it's going on e-bay won't you?!
    Idyll is the word that springs to mind when I look at these photos.
    Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

    ReplyDelete
  14. VW Van? You really are soooo cool! I wish I found things like that in my garden! Recently all I find are half munched mice & cat turds. I wouldn't mind so much, but I don't even own a cat! hope to see you soon for inspirational chats xx
    Claire Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot believe you going to sell that gorgeous old bus! I think even if I didn't use it I would park it outside the house just so that I could admire it and have cups of camping tea and pretend I was off somewhere. I hope you get a good price.
    I really do enjoy your posts Mrs Bun and your photographs, so lovely.
    CKx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...