Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Colour all around me

I was busy searching for mixed up colour inspiration this afternoon to inspire some more hooky flags.

A perfect bright and breezy day blue on a book cover. Add a few more shades of blue and a hint of green and it blows the grey day away.


The gentle green and pinks of my chipped, but loved Carltonware.


Then there are the colour jumbles. A small handpainted bowl.


A rainbow of ladybird spines.


The tomato red and green of Prince's saddle.


A flowery bouquet on an elderly vase.


And a C19th French fabric design. They all helped to mix up the colours a bit more.


Off I went to curl up with my yarn and hook and made a few more flags before the school bell went.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful colourful post,just what we need to cheer us on these grey days.I LOVE that vase!!!

    Bellaboo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing where you find colour inspiration from, you can find it everywhere, I love colour.
    Your flags are lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still loving the flags - hoping there's some @ Woodbridge in April ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh what a cheerful riot of colour to cher up a dreary day. You've got some beautiful things Lisa, lovley treasures.
    Have a super weekend.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...