Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2010

A Few of My Favourite Things

So far this week has been made up of my favourite things. All except the snow that is, which is back in a big horrible way.

I've had some great charity shop browsing and finding of treasures. I went to the Boden sale to get some stuff for the Buns today. On the way to meet my mum I bumped into a friend and so I dragged her along too. After the jumble sale hell which ensued inside we went to the cloisters and had a look at the weekly vintage stalls.

I picked up the book and cards as presents - I'm not saying for who - and bumped into a few more lovely people I was really pleased to see. I also heard the tale of Dangerous Dave the small black Pug with eyes like Marty Feldman. That made me laugh as did the story my mum told me about my daft aunt.


On the way back to the car I passed the window of a charity shop and nearly missed this tea-set. Rosedawn in all it's delicate pink beauty rescued just in time. A few more needles picked up too which meant I then got distracted by the wool department in John Lewis as knitting was on my mind. A couple of cotton colours to whip up a few more big flower brooches.


A quick browse in the Sally Army at the beginning of the week and I found this fabulous blue rosy kingsize sheet. I've been searching for enough to back Eldest Bun's patchy quilt and now I have that and more besides, plus two gorgeous sherbet stripe pillowslips. So all in all a very good thrify treasure week so far.


After all this lovliness, I got home to this months Country Living and a free hour before school running around. I tried out a few granny squares with some acrylic I'd found in the bargain bin. I'd seen the largest square on Sarah London's blog. I blew it up the other evening to get the general idea and then had a go. I love being able to visit all these inspiring people out there and come away with more ideas and plans.


I was also itching to try out the fabric transfer paper I'd bought. I chose a picture I thought I could put on a couple of valentine's sweetie bags I want to make for the Buns. Printing fine, getting the image to come off the paper and stay on the fabric not so fine. One jumped back on the paper after a brief stint on the fabric and the other one is pretty patchy around the edges. Lots more practice needed I think. Not a rushing woman running late for school.


Work tomorrow and then I've promised myself that Friday will be a whole day of sewing and doing. Well most of it anyway. Life feels very good this week. Next week is half-term at last and lots of lovely plans for that too. So all in all at the moment I'm doing my favourite things with my favourite people.

21 comments:

  1. Oh so much to look at, especially love the card print onto the fabric, super clever!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new header.... crikey, bubblicious, big bubbles, no troubles! I remember mum having to cut that out of my hair on far too many occasions...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, some great finds there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great haul. I love the tea set and the purple and green wool look lovely together. I hope you have a fun making day tomorrow. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you didn't miss out on the teaset soooo pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finds...very pretty china!
    Hope you have a lovely half-term week...hasn't it come around quick! No snow here in Sussex.

    Bellaboo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic eye candy - I absolutely love the pink china.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am also liking the green & purple wool - hoping something from those will be at Woodbridge in March ;)

    There's nothing like a good CS haul - visiting a friend next week and her town has 10 CS's :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely thrift finds - you have got me so addicted to the 'dawn' range!!

    Hope the snow isn't too bad where you are?? We've had about five 'ish' inches so far and all the schools are shut!

    Have a wonderful afternoon,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOH OOOH OOOH LOVE Johnson Brothers!! I make a point of picking up any Rosedawn, or Greydawn or (whatever)dawn if and when I see them. You lucky lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!! The tea set is divine, I love it!
    SOunds like a very rpoductive thrifting session.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab way to spend the day! I adore the sheet, looking forward t seeing it on the quilt.

    Enjoy your relaxing Fridyay, sounds like you really deserve it to me.

    Stephxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe today I have avoided John Lewis so I didnt buy more wool!

    One cant have too much of a good thing.

    Clare x

    However I am at a loss without my wool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you've had a lovely day today and some great finds too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mrs B this is a joyous post full of lovely things. Which are my favourites? The china, the thrifted rosy sheet, the candy stripes, the transfers, oh heck it's all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooo loving the idea of the transfer paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely finds, I like the tea set very much, the soft pink is beautiful and just reminds me of delicate rose petals.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend, will pop by again soon!

    ps - crochet looks awesome, colours are great!

    Love Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those tea sets remind me of the cricket teas of my childhood. I struggled with the transfer paper, too, never did really master it. I think I have the same colours of yarn - I teamed each colour in turn with black to make stripy mitts.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your blog, so inspiring, I'll be back

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there
    I love your blog and I have read it for an age, and I hope you do not mind but I have added your blog to my blogroll on my new site. :)
    Love
    Melanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've obviously got a great eye for treasure-hunting! Hope the favourite things-theme continues for you into next week,

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...