Pages

Friday 6 August 2010

Balancing Skills

I love making stuff, I love being a mummy and I love just doing any old thing that is fun. This week it's been a real balancing act trying to do any of these things. With Little Vintage Lover Fair this Sunday and a pretty low stock mountain, I've been a bit pre-occupied and busy. I swing into feeling guilty because I'm ignoring the Bun's and then they start yelling at each other because they're bored. I've tried arguing in my head that being bored is a pretty good thing to learn, but then I give in and drop the crochet hook and off we go.


Picnic packed and we cycle off with no plans for where we'll end up. What heaven to have this on our doorstep. This is the first year we've been able to do this and Little Bun has only just felt confident enough to hit the road.


We found the most wonderful track in a sweetcorn field which leads to woodland beyond. After we'd munched and completely emptied the basket we had a wee explore. The Bun's spotted a hare running into the corn ahead of us, but I just missed it as I was daydreaming and soaking in the heavenly day.


They wanted to go on further so we did a three mile round trip to visit a very good friend who's just moved into a village the other side of us.

When we got back Eldest Bun helped me to print labels and scan in some playing cards. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before. My stock is getting really low and none of the dealers I ask have any, so I've made my own.


Midweek the Bun's stayed at grandparents so we could both go to work . They came back after a night and a day at the beach as hyperactive as you can imagine, so today's been pretty full on.

While I stitched the last patchy cushion they decided to sit with me and get on with sewing their felt bunnies. Some quiet apart from the constant requests to re-thread needles and sort out tangles. Aaarrgggh. Oh and spot the other completely unhelpful boy on the table who kept tipping out the pins.


I did get them finished in the end though.



After lunch I needed to resort to bribery to sew up all the Bits & Bobs purses with NO interuptions please.


Four made which is amazing considering.


Now I must go to the bank for the till float and then I need to pack the car with all my treasures as Glory Days shop opening tommorow and then a 50th birthday party to go to.


Before I go I've been asked to show you one of our family's puppetry. Mr Bun ran a workshop on Wednesday and he made this one for himself. The Bun's are so impressed, they've asked daddy if they can make some on Sunday.

14 comments:

  1. Love the puppet - verrrry talented.

    I know what you mean about balancing I have a constant little niggling voice in my head/on my shoulders...can I do more - should I do more?? Hey ho I guess we all beat ourselves up in one way or another!

    Have a super weekend,

    Nina xxx

    ps. I think everyones gone on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the balancing act! I know it so well.
    I wish I had somewhere so close that I could escape to with the girls. Your neck of the woods looks so lovely.
    I hope the fair goes well for you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely family life ... what a wonderful mum x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for my lack of commenting over the holidays, but I too am balancing everything and something has to give. I so want to crochet bunting,I am still trying to learn but it isnt foing in at all

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as you have children that guilt button is flicked firmly on isn't it :-( Lovely makes and that chewing gum took me back to childhood for a second - must look the out in the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, it seems like it would be heaven to be a little girl in your household. Pictures of your home -- the colors -- remind me of a storybook. No accident, I'm sure, knowing how much you love them. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope your market stall is a sell out, your goodies are looking beautiful. I have the same balancing problem here in my household...your little Buns look very well loved & well attended to... Don't get the guilts, looks like you are very present in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life seems to run us around in circles for entertainment.

    Good luck at the fair btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crafts are gorgeous as usual! Clever Mr Bun too!! Really great idea to scan the cards.
    Looks like your Buns are having an idylic summer with country bike rides, picnics, crafting AND Bubbly's (lucky them!).
    Best wishes for the fair! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mrs Bun, you did the right thing. It was a good little side trip for all of you. The cushions are lovely. Good luck at the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to spend time with your family :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your children are going to have some fantastic memories to look back on when they are grown up.
    You sound like a wonderful Mum!

    Bellaboo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh fab to see you today at LVLF & catch up a little. Your stall looked wonderful as always, great things & loved the crocheted cushions you clever girl xxx Claire

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, I just found your blog its lovely and it struck a chord with me about the balancing!! Its a hard one, but creating lovely things has to be an inspiration to them even if they don't realise it yet. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...