Pages

Saturday 14 August 2010

A Little Bit of What You Fancy

This morning I woke thinking of all the things I should be doing and then I got up and did all the stuff I wanted to be be doing. After breakfast we all made a paper lantern, but then forgot to decorate them with all the glitz and glitter they really need.


Instead of making lunch, I made a yummy cake to use up the fat raspberries lurking in the fridge.


I spent quite a bit of time daydreaming and stroking this small bundle.


Finally I did attack a spot of my to do list. I went through Pick 'n' Mix Makers Market emails and postage before filling up the shelves of my workshop. If you fancy taking a peek to see some of my new makes then just click on the link here or on the sidebar.

I've added some Patchy Cushions and a few Bits & Bobs Purses amongst other things.


It was lovely reading your comments about my dentist trip. Thanks for those. The pain wasn't so bad as having the bleach pour through the guard into my mouth. I tasted like a swimming pool for a good while. So alluring for Mr Bun.

Now I'm off with the wee Bun's for a few days beach trip with Grandma so I'll be back in a weeks time. Lets hope this rain clears off and we all have our summer back again. Oh and before I go I had a small request. Eldest Bun wants some CD's for her birthday, now as I like a mix of Dean Martin and Iggy Pop for starters I guess I haven't really got a clue what an upcoming 10 year old might like. Could you help me out please with some suggestions. Is it Pixie Lott and Paloma Faith or am I way off mark? Thanks a lot. X



15 comments:

  1. I think Pixie Lott is a good bet, possibly the Saturdays new album out on this monday -"Headlines" and maybe "Now that's what I call music 76"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 10 year old loves Pixie Lott, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Justin Bieber (shudder!), Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana etc. Taylor Swift is actually quite listenable to and my nearly 13 year old daughter and 15 year old niece also like her. Hope that helps!!! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't help on the music - my boys seem to like very indie stuff - often pinch my CD's!

    Have a great time @ the seaside :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help on the music either sorry...my boys think I'm antiquated!

    Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eldest will be 10 on the 7 September and I will be faced with the same music dilema. I think she likes Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Demi Lovato to name the only ones I have vaguely heard of.

    If you do find any fab CD's to recommend please leave a comment on my blog.

    Many thanks

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've got the dentist out of the way,and you can now enjoy the rest of the holidays!
    That cake looks amazing..I could eat a piece right now..except I'm full from a takeaway curry!

    Bellaboo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mrs Bun, love your blog! I have a 10 year old daughter and all those suggestions above are bang on. Top of the list for my girl would be the Glee soundtrack, with the added bonus of you probably knowing all the songs! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy looking cake you have there, or should I say had there as I'm sure it's all gone now!!
    Enjoy the seaside! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs Bun, so happy to hear the dental work went well. Enjoy your holiday....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a good day to me.
    I'm glad the dentist went as well as it could. I'm sure the bleachy taste is delicious! ;)

    Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cats , cake and vintage , what a perfect post..have a lovely ew days away, so enjoy your blog, bestest wishes,Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My 10 and 8 year olds like Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Pixie Lott, The Saturdays and anything else similar. My 8 year old also likes Kaiser Chiefs and the Fratellis, but that is from us not being able to bear and of their choices in the car! Now 75 was a big hit, and Now 76 is out now, too. You get a bit of allsorts with them. I had Now 8 when I was 10 - makes me feel old!
    Cathy X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum that cake.... Looks like a beautiful sponge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh a woman after my own heart!! I say get her into Iggy, David and Lou immediately and she'll be set for life. You could always throw in a little Siouxsie Sioux if a girl is requested... x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...