Pages

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Rolling Along

Spring is definately in the air at last. Sunlight is pouring in the windows most mornings. Lots of shoots are appearing at last. Green is so much nicer than brown. I'm always impatient for the first daffodils of the year, so I bought a bunch of my own sunshine this morning and plonked it in a vase.

 

The rest of the morning I spent stitching a birthday present for a friend of Eldest Bun. A pencil roll, with her name stamped on  slowly took shape. I never use a pattern, so I was relieved when it all worked out ok.



The most important part was that it had to be pink. I found a piece of Amy Butler hiding at the back of the stash and some spotty curtain remnants.  I'm pretty pleased with how they've worked out together. Hope she likes it.



Stuff like food shopping took up the rest of my day off. I made sure I shopped near the wool shop to make it more interesting. I've been waiting for pay day so I could get these new Rowan Cotton jewel shades to add to the ever so slowly scarf I'm making. Roll on Friday when I can play with them and then show you my other treat.


I might even let you into a secret then of something I've done after twenty years of wanting to.

12 comments:

  1. Well if the lucky little friend doesn't want it, I'd love it!! Very clever, as always, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop to spring greenery!!! So can't wait for all the flowers to start a blooming!!! They're all just "nearly" there.

    OooOoo loving the ever so sweet pencil roll and she is a very lucky bean to be receiving it!!!

    MmmMm to that wool n all. Like jewels indeed. Eeek all excited to see the end results!!! Shall tune in Friday for sure twinks. Toodle pip for now then. Loves Ionwen XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty pencil roll. And .... can't wait to see the results of that beautiful wool .... and to hear your 'secret'. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Bright cheery posting ;0)
    your blog fills me with light and joy!...you have such lovely collections of vintage treats- love the daffs!...nearly spring- roll on sunshine in the southwest! hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got me all curious now!! :)
    Love your new yarn, great colours!
    The pencil roll is so pretty, I'm sure the recipient was very pleased to receive it, I know I would have been!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photographs - they make me smile! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to find out what that might be!!
    Love the little 'bed' for those pencils to lie in,and those wool colours are gorgeous.
    Enjoy the sunshine..hope it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Spring time to you Mrs B - love girlie colours.

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pencil holder love your use of fabrics, I can't wait for spring infact my garden is showing quite a lot of signs now all postive ;-)) cant wait to hear your news ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pencil roll is gorgeous - I'd like one of those myself! Love all your bright and pretty pictures. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I wonder what your secret is - I have an idea as you mentioned something a long time a go when we met - wonder if its something I've got too???

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a thoughtful home made gift. I am very intrigued to find out what you have been up to .
    Nearly the weekend Yeh :)
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...