Pages

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Tickled Pink with a Red Shiny Nose

Hoarse voices have been heard here since last Friday and very loud squelchy sneezes. Add to this pale faces and a very sore red nose (me) and I think you can just about picture the beautiful scene here. Pick me ups for poorly wee Bun girls seemed to work the magic needed.

Their mummy seemed to take a bit longer mending. A morning sleeping seems to have done the trick and I feel less floppy. Curled up on the sofa this afternoon I've added stalks to Cheeky Cherries.


I've sewn in all the loose threads on the Happy Days Bunting. Sewing in threads is the equivalent  in joy factor of running fast up a muddy hill for me. I hate doing it, but I'm really pleased once it's all neat and finished.


Tommorow I might even get back to the things I was working on before this nasty thing came to visit. I must admit we did invite the bugs in. Mr Bun said too nonchalantly for words on Thursday evening how we'd missed all the nasty flu's and stuff. Then bingo I woke up full of the yucky thing the next morning.

Back to lovely things. I've been cutting out more blankety squares to sew words on. I laid a flower or two on one to see how the cream wool works with the brightness of the small cotton flowers. I'm thinking of some small wreath brooches, maybe with words embroidered inside.


Most of all I want to get on with this banner. Since seeing Nanny McPhee and the pig scratching machine, I've wanted to add the words Tickled Pink to something, anything. I'd started cutting my letters and adding them just before flopping. Now if I'm better tommorow I might just be getting on with it and even finishing it. Who knows.


19 comments:

  1. How bizarre. I saw some vintage cream wool blankets at the charity shop today and I thought of you! Hope you are feeling better - these things take longer to get rid of as we get older, I'm sure of it. Can't wait to see the brooches and banner. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor you, such nasty bugs about at the moment, they seem to hang around forever! I loved the Nanny McPhee 2nd movie, all the props and scenery were my cup of tea. I'mliking the tickled pink idea and your happy days bunting looks very happy indeed. Hope you are soon on the mend xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Lisa!!
    Looking forward to seeing the new brooch idea. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep always happens to me when I say how lucky I am not to get a cold, and then bam!

    Hope you and your family are taking it easy, if its what I had it may stick around :(

    Looks like you are keeping busy though.

    We had sun here today, hopefully a sign that spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear - I do hope you feel better soon. The only thing flu, colds and bugs are good for are snuggling up.

    take care

    Nina xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you feel much better soon honey.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear,get well soon! I sometimes think it would be nice to hibernate until the Spring,although it was a glorious day here today,not a cloud in the beautiful blue sky.I like your analogy of the muddy hill and the threads,very good! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you will get well soon...and I love these flowers and cherries !.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, 'tickled pink' is a marvellous expression. Much underused! Hope you're feeling better. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry to hear you have been ill. I love those colours on the squares and those flowers are gorgeous to. Hope you feel better soon, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sorry you've had yucky bugs in the house.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOve those fabrics you're using and what a lovely phrase, 'tickled pink'! Hope you feel better soon. I uttered those famous last words a few weeks ago (not the tickled pink ones but the bug ones) and it made me catch a terrible cold. I think we need to keep quiet about it don't you? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon. Looking forward to seeing the banner. Such cheerful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon. I don't know about you but it seems to me that flu's and colds seem to last much longer than they used to. Sorry that doesn't sound like a cheerful comment! I like the Nanny McPhee idea - lovely.
    June.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor you - hope you are feeling better now. I love the new project - can't wait to see the stitched words, one of my favourite things! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Lisa you poor things! We have been the same here, I think it lingered with me for two weeks, poor sammy is still poorly! I hope you're all getting better now! fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh nooo, poorly sick, eeeeek!!! Hope you feel tickerty boo soon! Sooo in love with your Cheeky Cherries, dee-lish! Oooooooooo the Nanny McPhee movies are my FAVE!!! Looking forward to seeing the "Tickled Pink" banner (supa fabric's)!!! Speak soon I hope?!? Ionwen XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you get back up to normal energy levels soon, we have had the snotty bug here too :-( Oohh stop showing me crochet, I am very jealous! I need to learn, I can only do a chain :-(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope your pink nose gets better, I love your banner and your little pile of lovely coloured grannies and I'm hoping your little package arrived safely :) x x x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...