Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

Best Laid Plans

I'd forgotten how hard it can be keeping teenagers interested in anything. Try to get teenagers who have barely attended school and have a whole host of personal issues to deal with inspired and you get a vague picture of what my new working week was like. I came home Thursday night completely drained and ready to switch off for a day or two. 
Today I planned lots of lovely feel goody things to get into the weekend mood and relax properly. I visited the wool shop and had a coffee and a chat there to start me off just right. 

Of course I bought a few new balls of yarn while I was there. I'm getting on fairly well with the Japanese Flowers, but I keep thinking somethings not right. It might be the colours. I could be wrong, but I think they need a dash of peach and darkest blue, so some more Amy Butler came away with me.

 

The only problem with my adding new colours plan is that I'll have to unravel a load of flowers to stick a few different colours here and there. This thing I'm planning to do, the unravelling thing, does anyone actually know why it's called frogging? An odd thing to call wasting your time and not being able to make your mind up with colours.


Next up was a trip to fill my trolley full of delicious food, fizzy stuff and choc. Throw in a lovely magazine (a treat denied to me for a whole year apart from my one subscription) Dr Who's latest comic for Little Bun and some Moshi Monster cards for Eldest and that was three girls all ready to be happy.

The afternoon went by in a blur of knitting, trying to finish up the last sleeve for the jumper started a million years ago. Then I saw poor neglected Elsie Elephant waiting patiently for ears, eyes - well legs too to be fair and decided she needs finishing this weekend too.
To finish my weekend plans we bought our favourite sweets after school. Bowls of perfect puddings after a huge plate of aubergine lasagne. Blue tongues from the Raspberry Blue Sours and a game of Donkey and I felt the last of the week melt away. 

Here's to a wonderful weekend.

19 comments:

  1. It certainly sounds like you have your hands full with your new job. Of course you chose the perfect antidote for an exhausted body and mind. Coffee, crochet, knitting and sweets.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your Japanese Flowers and the bowls of lollies. Frogging - Rip it, Rip it. Say it out loud a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh, sounds like the perfect end to a big week! love your flowers and can't wait to see your elephant grow some limbs and other essential parts!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh youe evening sounded a little like mine. After a bit of a week (did it seem longer than usual even though it was short?) what I really wanted to do was sit down with my crochet and I swapped the sweets for a couple of glasses of white. The weekend is a good thing, enjoy yours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if you are finding it hard to inspire them, just the attention and time you are spending with them is what they need and probably crave!! You'll get there - I'm sure! and how satisfying a job it will be then!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new job sounds challenging, but I'm sure you will get a lot of satisfaction from it in the end.

    Lots of projects on the go. I love your flowers...I couldn't frog them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your basket of knitty/crochet bits looks a lot like mine.

    Happy weekend Lisa and I hope you get to relax and just chill out over the weekend.

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless you i understand your job complete;y i work with some of the students you mentioned at the college well i manage a programme that attend on to much to go into. Love your flowers i am having a bash at different shapes flowers included although they look nothing like yours or no where as good love your colours. I hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a lovely, relaxing weekend. Love the flowers. So pretty. And what amazing coloured sweets. Happy weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mrs Bun! I do love your Japanese Flowers! They make me wish I was doing mine all different colours instead of the white on all of them! Please could you tell me what that gorgeous magazine is? I would love a closer look at the crochet blanket! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lisa, hope you are not to tired after all your hard work and having to 'rippit, rippit' with the Japanese flowers wasn't too traumatic!
    I have nominated you for a blog award, pop over to Planet Penny to find out more. Just 'spreading the love'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frogging!!! I love it ....I've done a lot of it...what a wonderful expression!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's called frogging because you 'rip it, rip it' (groans all round), and tinking (as applied to knitting) is unknitting stitch by stitch. I think it looks lovely anyway!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might be wrong but think the term "frogging" comes from the sound frogs make and the action of "rippit rippit". Well it sounds like a theory to me!.
    Hope your job provides you with some rewarding moments, your weekend sounds perfectly planned, look forward to seeing Elsie completed.
    Beautiful flowers, I really enjoyed making mine, must get more yarn.
    Carol xx
    Carol xx
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new jobs sounds a challenge but one that will be so rewarding, good luck Lisa I hope you enjoy it!

    It's called frogging cause you say rip it rip it! I didn't know for ages, he he!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always thought why it's called frogging too - quite a strange name:/ The flowers look lovely and great how you have rounded everything off with bowels of sweets. Perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, gorgious work!!! I love the yarn you're using.
    Have a great weekend,
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous colours, gorgeous Japanese flowers ... almost makes me want to take up crocheting (almost!). No hurry re. the email, Lisa .. was just wondering aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like work was tough, really tough, and very draining, I'm not surprised you needed to treat yourself Lisa. I think your flowers are beautiful! Maybe you're staring at them too much, then it becomes confusing as to colour choices? Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...