Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2011

A Rosy Glow

When I got home last night our resident ducks were sitting under the cherry tree fast asleep. Then Little Bun rushed out for a hug with Alfie Blue the naughty Pug boy and he chased them off. Mind you all this kerfuffle meant I noticed how the roses have suddenly gone all blousy and beautiful. I picked the largest one and then the Bun's chose the smaller one when they fed the hens this morning.

After a day of good results at work yesterday I felt ready to attack the car boot with a vengeance. It's been pretty poor lately, but today was a bounty day. I only spent £5 and came away with coloured needles, Rosa bowls, a table, beautiful embroidered pillowslips and the loveliest babies cot sheet embroidered with a deer, bunny and fairy. I would show you the linen, but Blogger is being very bad today. Rather than beat my computer up I've given up trying to load those pictures.


I was so excited about the table I found. I've been looking for a fold-up one for ages after I lost the other one in a village hall. The man only wanted a £1 for it and it was part of his display. I felt a wee bit bad (for a second) as I would have given him more, but then more left to  buy the lemony lick of paint I want for it.

The rest of the day has passed with plans for exciting things. I'll say more when I know what's happening, just that I'm excited.

If you're interested in coming along to the crochet group I hold in Glory Days, Norwich, please email me and I'll give you the details . Be lovely to see you.

14 comments:

  1. I always love your car booty goodies - there is still treasure to be had out there.

    I've given up picking up coloured knitting needles as they are so many about again - but at a price!

    Enjoy the rest of the day,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fortunate were you to pick up those gorgeous vintage knitting needles, I love them! My little collection is slowly but surely getting bigger too. I love your crochet hook collection too.
    There is nothing more romantic than a blousy rose xox Enjoy!
    Penelope x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh those needles are gorgeous just on display so colorful. Love the last jug to. i love jugs and have far to many but i can't just seem to help myself ;-) Can't wait to hear what your plans are sound exciting ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one pale green orphan needle - I don't know what happened to its friend. Pity your crochet class is too far away for me - I need someone to teach me!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do manage to get such good bargains. So bright and cheerful, and yes a lovely rosy glow. I'm afraid down here most of the prices at car boots are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, didn't you do well! Wish I could pick up bargains like that. Our car boots are becoming a bit pricey around here.
    Love the Rosa Glamour china. Have you got much?
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lot of goodies you got - love the jumper by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely color needles! Where did you find them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely treasures! I adore the colored needles. After seeing your granny circles, I'm inspired to start something along that line. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post has proven to me that I am slowly but surely turning into copies of my blog idols. I have needles, just like yours. I have a bowl, just like yours but in blue... I have a fair few bits scattered about that would look right at home over at yours.

    Fab jumper in an earlier post, the colours are terrific, Little Bun looks a beauty.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Lisa I wish i had your life, it seems so perfect and pretty! I picked some lovely peachy roses from the garden and a handful of salad, it always cheers me up wondering up the garden with my cream enamel sieve, a pair of scissors and my flowery pinney (and if Im honest my pyjamas!) on, wonder what the neighbours think? fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks So much for leaving kenzie a comment - he's still cockahoop!
    What treasures you found - good work.
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always think of those coloured knitting needles as treasure! I collect them, but have to buy them from ebay as I've never found any in a charity shop or the like, so I think you did extremely well there Lisa! My mouth is watering just looking at them. Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...