Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

Meet the Gang

I really do fancy stopping by here more often than I do, but then the week runs away from me and suddenly I find another whole week has passed by. So it seems another catch up of this and that will be best way to go today.


It was an even thinner car boot haul this week, but I just can't keep away. The week I don't go, the best treasure in the world might be hiding in that field and I'd have missed it, but then I wouldn't know either would I. My lot loved this wee band I found as much as me. They seem so familiar, maybe I had some as a child and that's why I was drawn to them, whatever the reason I love them.

I really want to get back to making stuff now the Bun's are back to school and I have a few full days. Somehow I haven't been able to get my making head on though, although I've got plenty of inspiration to get me going again.


I couldn't resist this quilting book. It's the best one for me that I've found so far. It's got templates all ready to use in the back, the fabrics are a mix of vintage and just downright cheery and the quilts are handquilted with tons of cheery stitches. 


It works for me, because it's got the kind of quilts I'd like to make in it, the pictures are just up my street and it's full of original ideas (well ones I've not come across yet). All very important stuff when choosing a crafty book I think.


These two are my favourites. I'm keen to have a go at the one with black florals in a much bigger way than the dolly size here.


For the most part when I've not been working, I've been having a huge autumn clear-out. Bags full of stuff have gone to the charity shops and tons of muck hoovered up.

Then tonight I did something daft. I did it once before at the Buns old school and now I've gone and done it again. I went to the PTA AGM and volunteered to be Chair. The dad who was Chair definately needed a break after three years and no one else was coming forward so this idiot here put her hand up.

It must run in the family though as Eldest went for Chair of the school council this week. Posters were put up this week, campaign speeches were today and then voting tommorow. She's gone to bed all nervous about the results - fingers crossed.

8 comments:

  1. oooOoo crossing fingers for Eldest Bun! Loving your wee finds pips, mind I always do. You have just a good eye. Loves Ionwen. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh, that third photo looks so nice...the close up of a georgeous piece of quilting!
    I like it!

    x
    ps. wish the Eldest Bun all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have my fingers crossed for eldest bun.....goodness you will all be busy with paperwork things and meetings...well done you.
    The quilts are lovely too...... different fabrics to ones I have seen before.
    Nattie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely book and a lovely find! I do admire those who put their hands up and volunteer - where would we be without volunteers. Good luck to you and Eldest Bun!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do miss your lovely posts but know exactly how it is with time...
    fingers crossed for your #1
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh lovely quilt book, bet you can't wait to get started. Fingers crossed for Eldest bun, i hope she did well. I also open my mouth far too often, hope the chair goes well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh yes, fingers crossed for #1 bun.

    the time does just run away - definitely getting faster all the time! I just can't find enough time to make all the things I want to make (this morning I declared I was going to try paper mache - as if! lots of rolling of eyes went on around me)
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am ashamed to say it but I never go to PTA meetings as I know I would end up volunteering to do something that I didn't want to do/didn't have time to do. I'm not very good at organising things like that but I am always happy to help out at the Summer/Xmas fayres though. Enjoy choosing a quilt to make from that book. I'm sure whatever you choose will look stunning once you've worked your magic on it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...