Pages

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Eve's

After a beautiful and perfect christmas eve, we're now on the eve of my 43rd birthday. My mum was 43 when I was 18 and I thought it sounded an ancient age to be. It still sounds ancient, but I really don't feel it, or look it thank god.


On christmas eve we went to the crib service at the village church. It was the perfect start to christmas being called into church with a peal of bells. After a few carols we were off home again to a candlelit supper followed by the Darling Buds of May christmas eve programme. Then it got tense, excitement rising as stockings were hung. We read Willow at Christmas as we've done since they were a toddler and a baby (Mr Bun and I are dangerously nostalgic and melancholic and hang on to traditions fiercely). After strict instructions not to repeat last years 4 am wake up call they were off to bed.






They were true to their promise and came in on Christmas morning, dragging their stockings onto our bed after 7am. I love the whole Santa preparations, from the letter, drink and biscuit to the excited yell of "he's been, he's been". I remember this so clearly from my own childhood and now love watching it with our girls. We're so lucky that they believe in magic still. Mind you they know we do.




Eldest Bun had fun laying the table for lunch. She was busy wishing the time along waiting for grandparents to arrive and present opening to begin. When I was wee we had to wait until about 4 o'clock for the presents. Lunch would pass and then the grown-up's would wash up. I'd think at last - now we can get on with it. Then my aunty or mum would say shall we have a cup of tea first? I'd be pulling out my hair by this stage.


Now with family christmas get togethers over, it's time for birthdays, drinks with friends and a New Years eve dinner to look forward to. 

I also need to plan some sort of a give-away for the new year as this blog will be having it's third birthday. I'll have a think and get back to you very soon.

17 comments:

  1. I like your table cloth! Happy birthday, it's mine on Saturday, quite a time of year for us isn't it?! I shan't tell you how old I'll be, I'm still in shock myself. ;o)
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were up at 4am on the big day! Just too early.
    Have a a lovely Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all your celebrations and have a lovely birthday! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday for tomorrow.Its my wedding anniversary tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tablecloth! We forgot to put the crackers on the table - at least they're here till next year if I remember by then where I've put them! Have a Great Birthday!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely birthday. It doesn't matter how old you get you never believe it as inside your head you're still young.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Mrs B! Have a fabby day whatever you do.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy time for you ~ I hope you have a very Happy Birthday and enjoy your day :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful wonderful day............hope you get lots of pretties!!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful birthday, Lisa and I hope 2012 brings lots of lovely thing for you and the whole family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Christmas Mrs B and happy, happy birthday for today.

    That was all you could here on the run up to the big day - it's Christmas eve, eve, eve!

    I hope you have a lovely day - 43 nahhhhh, I'd say more like 23!

    Have fun,

    Nina xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Have an amazing day,lots of love,julie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a perfect christmas to me ;-) So warm and cosy to. I always read the night before xmas to my boys even now they are 11 and 15 they still like to hear it ;-) Happy birthday to you and a happy new year also, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhh happy birthday lovely Lisa, hope you have a wonderful day
    x x x x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It makes me soooo happy that the Bun Family had a wonderful Christmas. The magic and spirit of Christmas is fully present in your home. :))

    Sending you wishes for a fantastic birthday, and the best year ever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...