Pages

Friday 23 December 2011

Running Up

Just before I get ready for our festive drinks tonight and blow the dust off the furniture I thought I'd pop by here. 

It's been a lovely run up to christmas this week (apart from the Bun's bickering which then makes me a very shouty mum). I love all the preparations and anticipation of christmas. Christmas Eve most definately is my favourite with christmas day coming a close second.


We had a wonderful evening at the end of the pier christmas show for Mr Bun's birthday, then it was back to the wrapping presents grindstone. A bottle of Advocaat and a tin of Roses really help make this go with a whizz and a bang. Two very excited Bun's searching under the tree in the morning checking out labels.


The Bun's loved the labels I'd made so created their own the next day.


We also found a moment to make a few crackers with our own naff jokes inside. The hats we made from music sheets wouldn't fit in so they're ready and waiting instead. By the way, the plant behind is a Paperwhite. It has to be the most godawful stinky plant I've ever had in the house. Two pots are now hanging around the back hall where Alfie Blue sleeps.


Even though I've not found any Babycham glasses that don't break the bank I still love the wee bottles.


Everywhere is decked, the tree is sparkling and the cupboards are full of food and drink. Half the stuff I started making mind you hasn't been finished. Lots of I.O.U's methinks. I will get these placemats done though as they're pretty easy to whip up.


Next year will be even madder for time it seems as I've just accepted another day and half teaching a week today (the money was too tempting to say no). Decisions will need to be made about how to juggle all the things I really want to do with bringing in hard cash which means life can be more fun.

Righty o - off I go. Wishing you a very Merry Merry Christmas and see you after the big day.

X

23 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to all you Buns! Good news on more work but make sure you leave enough time for blogging. I've done lots of extra work this term and sadly making has taken a bit of a backseat :(
    Love
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry christmas xx your wrapping and labels are just wonderful- love your festively colourful home what a joy it has been to follow you here ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Lisa and to all the Bun family!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry chistmas to you too.........those presents are wrapped so beautifully.....I love your blog, so so much, it's always a pleasure to read....merry Christmas x
    nattie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmassy home is looking gorgeous Lisa.. I hope you and your family have a very happy time.. and I agree...Christmas Eve is definitely the best :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the looks of your very merry home, so bright and cheerful...wishing you a lovely Christmas! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to wish you a merry christmas, love that ruby star rising!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you & the lovely Bun family. Hope to see you next year. Fabulous wrapping, I shall try harder next year. I'm also on the Babycham - love that little bambi!! xxxx Claire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Christmas Lisa!!

    I hope you'll feel happy with the extra work you've taken on!I can imagine it was a difficult decision - best of luck next year. love Gabs XX

    I've been hopeless blogger but will remedy in a week or so....;

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a lovely time and keep your eyes peeled for those Babysham glasses I got some from the CB for pennies. I have just stocked up on the fizzy stuff so we are almost set here - just more wrapping to do. Merry Christmas Buns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you and all the buns.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh the placemates look faberooni!

    Merry Christmas Mrs Bun!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a Great Christmas and hope you find some babycham glasses soon!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet blessings to you and Mr. B and the bunny buns for Christmas.have a great memory making Christmas and festive time xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. aahhh i have found and bought all my babycham glasses from carboot sales the most i spent was £3.00 ebay sometimes do them for a good price to. Your home looks beautiful, love the wrapping paper and those crackers look smashing. Have a wonderful xmas, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your wrapping paper and gift tags, and it's years soince I made my own crackers, much nicer than shop bought ones. Merry christmas, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your homemade crackers look brilliant as do your wrapping and labels.
    You've reminded me to get out my Babycham glasses (no, they didn't cost a fortune, the company did a 'giveaway' a couple of years ago and I was lucky enough to get two).
    Hope you and the rest of the Buns have a very Happy Christmas.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours x See you on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Merry Christmas and thank you for writing such a lovely blog. Its a real ray of sunshine xx

    Jorden @mrswhiffin

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so right about the paperwhites!! One year, I handpainted flowerpots and planted them with paperwhite bulbs, as gifts for friends and family. I left them in my laundry room to grow and by the time they bloomed, I couldn't do laundry without using my inhaler. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do think that Christmas eve is possibly THE most exciting day of the year! :0)

    I really enjoyed this festive post... you have such style, your wrapped pressies are just SO cute!!

    Hope you had a very merry Christmas and my best wishes to you and your family for the new year ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the jolly nostalgic gift wrap, could I ask where you found it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...