Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Apple Lanterns

 

On Monday it rained and rained and rained. After I'd wrapped a ton of parcels for posting I felt the urge to whip up another tunic. This will be the fourth one I've made in this pattern now. One was for Miss Rosey and now Little Bun has put in a request for a longer dress type.

 

This one is in Amy Butler's Chinese Lanterns fabric in my favourite apple green. I've spied some green patent Fly shoes that would match this perfectly. My feet are too big for Fly really, but for green patent I'm sure I could curl my toes up tight. 

I put the last stitches in just before 3pm and then did the school dash arriving just in time to grab the Buns and run. 

I wore my new top to work today to brighten the grey day. It's so comfy, fits in all the right places and hides the right bits too. This won't be the last of these tunics I'll be making.

13 comments:

  1. I love love love it! The pattern, fabric, color and all!! What pattern is it?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, cheerful, springtime pattern.
    Love it.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is beautiful lovely fabric. There seems to be a lot of green in blogland at the moment me included. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so lovely Lisa and I adore the fabric.

    So sorry I haven't emailed recently, but I think we are both in the thick of it at the moment by the sounds of it.

    Take care hun and I'll try and chat soon,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pattern on that dress xx
    i bet you look so beautiful in it ;0)
    I had my peddle pusher jeans and summer dress on the school run in the rain!!!!! hehe...felt good!, despite being soaked through my coat!...we had such heavenly sunshine the last few days that I didnt want to admit it had gone away ;0(x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a massive tunic fan and that one looks gorgeous!
    Henny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabric is just so you, just gorgeous. I don't think I could curl my toes up for long though, even for green patent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fabric choice Lisa, all Amy Butler fabric is just gorgeous. Please please could you let us know which pattern you have used, I love tunics and this one looks easy enough to sew for a novice like me x Thank you for the beautiful inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabric and a lovely tunic - perfect for this Spring weather we've been having. Please could you post which pattern you used - I'm after something very similar. XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that fabric. I love green too and the shoes sound perfect - we need more colour in the world. Haven't made any clothes since school but am tempted as the fabrics and patterns are so much nicer now. Karen X

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this tunic and this blog! you certainly are a talented lady and i'm happy to follow you! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it great what can be made up on a rainy day!

    Lovely fabric, great project.

    Fleur xx

    fleurcotton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...