Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

Whoopie Doo

It rained and it rained and it rained all weekend. First thing this morning brilliant sunshine flooded in the windows. We just changed our plans a bit and so no beautifying our swampy garden, car boots or coast walks. Instead we watched films, baked tons of cakes and I was given lovely presents on Sunday.


Today was officially my day off and I had a real making urge, but as I'd agreed to cover a class mid-morning as a favour and then I had a lunch catch up with a friend arranged, time was short. I managed to fit in an hours making happiness just after the school run and before I had to get my teacher head on.

The hens sat in the sun waiting for treats, while Pip sunbathed and kept me company.


I chose some fabrics to cut into squares for Patchy Cushions. Then I flitted off to something else.


I laid out Kitty's dress and cardigan (which has to be finished for next Wednesday - eeek), but decided I'd muck it up if I rushed it now.


Instead I settled on something quick which I could finish in an hour. Late Sunday night, while I'd watched witches and vampires do battle on the telly, I'd hooked a few bullseye circles.


I'd had an idea floating around my head to make crochet pincushions for the market I'm doing in a few weeks. As it was only an idea, I was a bit impatient to see how the shape would work out in yarn rather than fabric.


You know what I'm really pleased. Very simple, but happy making to look at. It feels squishy and lovely and does the job of pinholding perfectly. I've named this the Whoopie Doo Pincushion, I'll definately be mixing up a few more colourways to make a whoopie cushion pile.

19 comments:

  1. Ahhh how lovely :) everything looks so idyllic! The whoopie doocushion is so cute, and i love the name :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, I enjoyed it...love the fabrics and I like the pincushion,I think it's cute..We had a lot of days of rain too..the sun came out yesterday and I went to the garden this morning to clean up..Have a great new week. with love Janice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fun and fab! Love them!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was completely whoopie-doo and sunny here too :-)

    A little nippy still, so much better viewed from through the window.

    Your pin cushion is sooooo pretty!

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only had the rain on Saturday, but 'oh' how it was needed.

    Love the crochet pin cushions - I wish I had more oomph to get on crafting.

    take care and enjoy your day,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your posts, they are full of colour to make even the dullest of days so bright and cheery. I have a lot of your posts to catch up on having been away from blog land for a while, so i'm off to make a cuppa and have a good catch up!

    I love your pin cushions.....Super Duper!

    Have a fab day!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pincushions are lovely - and lovely post, its making me smile (and continue avoiding the ironing.....)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little pincushions in lovely colours!
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous post! I love all the cheerfulness and beauty! Your pin cushions are so beautiful! Very creative! I love the name you gave them! So sweet! xo~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every crafty gal needs a whoopie do cushion- bless I love your happy blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lovely post ;0)x
    whoopie doo cushion how fabulous, i always enjoy your fabrics, patterns and colour choices. your posts send sunshine in blogland x
    on sunday night myself and sweet pea had a film night- mary poppins and grease...she loves singing along ;0)hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, your little blog does make my heart smile!

    The pincushions are just adorable. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun Lisa, i love your colour choices and the button too in your whoopie doo pin cushion(s)The bullseye pattern is so easy and lovely to do. I love all your fabrics too, they are perfect for the Spring and so uplifting you wouldn't feel blue being in their company :0)
    Hope you enjoy the rest of the week xox
    ps. Thanks so much fr the tunic pattern offer, not to worry. I have a lan in mind x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun Lisa, i love your colour choices and the button too in your whoopie doo pin cushion(s)The bullseye pattern is so easy and lovely to do. I love all your fabrics too, they are perfect for the Spring and so uplifting you wouldn't feel blue being in their company :0)
    Hope you enjoy the rest of the week xox
    ps. Thanks so much fr the tunic pattern offer, not to worry. I have a lan in mind x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your little pincushions and their name!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a pretty spring green you've been knitting for the cardigan, I've been knitting using greens too...I think it's a spring thing!

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Swooning over this pincushion loveliness! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute would these pin cushions be, giant sized! Have you tried one say for the sofa? oooh would looks so lovely there!

    Just an idea lol

    They are so beautiful, good job you!

    Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. We offer all types of loans . Refinance loans, auto loans, debt consolidation, business loans and More.
    fast and easy loan APPROVALS no matter credit situation!
    100% Guaranteed. Email: capitalfunding454@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...