Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Bit of Bootin'

I've been missing my Wednesday carboots. Now I don't start teaching until 10 on a Wednesday it means I can just about squeeze in a 30 minute dash around the carboot after dropping the Buns at school.   As luck would have it I go right past the field on my way to work too. Couldn't be a better arrangement really could it.

It was freeezing and about to rain today so only the die hard house clearance men were there.


I spied a pretty floral jug in one quick grab and run and couldn't resist the cheeky grinning cat in another.


Before finding these two I'd seen a tea trolley, but wandered off to think about it. A bit of looking later and I'd already painted it in my head, arranged baskets and fabric on it so knew it had to be mine. I went back, made my offer and then lugged it back to the car all excited.


My new trolley filled up the back seat nicely which left the problem of how I was going to fit the Bun's in the car later on. In the end Little Bun squeezed up with a couple of wheels in her head and Miss Rosey rode up front surrounded by bags and coats.

It's very brown right now, but I can see it being a thing of beauty. It's already in its new home in the dining room. Little Bun polished it and added fabric to the top for a bit of temporary prettifying.


It all adds to my plan to re-decorate the dining room. I've had enough of the pale blue walls and unpainted furniture. I bought the yellow check oilcloth on ebay last week and that was waiting for me when I got home today. If it's not raining on Friday I might even start painting. Now my colour ideas are in my head I'm feeling all impatient to get going.

If it does rain on my day off I've got a fair few sewing things lined up. I bought a metre of the grey spot roses for Miss Rosey's Ruffle Skirt and the birdy fabric's to make a top for Little Bun using elastic thread (so we'll see if that's a disaster waiting to happen or not).


There's a few things I fancy making from my new book too. Yesterday my support assistant and I did a good swap. I'd lent her my trainers (bought years ago when I had the bright idea that going to the gym was a good thing to do) and she wanted to keep them. A deal was done, swapping my trainers for some Hobbycraft vouchers she'd won. I'd wanted The Liberty Book of Sewing before christmas so it was a real treat to hand over my vouchers and know my treadmill days were behind me.

Let's hope the good things keep outweighing the stupid as not only has our heating packed up, but now the pump has stopped working so we can't run a bath or shower either. I had a big sense of humour failure about it all last night. Mr Bun solved it by handing me a large glass of sloe gin and all was well again. A friend who gets how this stuff works is coming to try and mend it at the weekend before we get too stinky.

28 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa things aren't going too well for you at the moment!!! I love your tea trolley though it will look lovely painted! I've got one by my bed with a few bits on and all my bedtime reading, I also got a wicker shopping trolley which I decided to use yesterday and the bliming wheel fell off and broke so I felt like a right plonker with my wonky trolley! Josh couldn't stop laughing!! Children!! I'm having a give away if u fancy a peek it's for a fifty dolla give voucher, take care and fingers crossed nothing else breaks!!!! Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop freewheeling down hills in your trolley Fliss.

      X

      Delete
  2. I love the jug. Our first car boot was last Sunday and I got really excited at the prospect, is that sad?! I too, was tempted by a tea trolley, but I was hauled on by Mr VG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so wierd, I too have recently purchased a tea trolley and have decided to paint it yellow not dissimilar to the colour of your new tablecloth!
    Hopefully off to a car boot on Sunday, weather permitting! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teatrolleys seem to be the way to go Mrs H.

      Delete
  4. What a shame, wouldn't be so bad if weather was nice, but like winter again! Fabulous swap though ... lovely book for trainers ... no brainer! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I didn't think for more than a nano second about saying bye bye trainers.

      Delete
  5. I quite fancy that little jug, Lisa....but I am currently trying to cull my collection, not add to it!

    You are going to have fun with that trolley, aren't you? Wish I had room for one, but our cottage is a bit on the small side for anything else!

    Hah! You are going back to colour and we have just finished painting the whole place warm white! Just needed to get some light into the rooms - beams, low ceilings and small windows. But I so love colour I know bits will creep back in....crochet and patchwork just doesn't stay in the sewing room; I am a kinda 'spill-over' gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Lynne, just making the last room all white with yet more painted furniture. In fact off paint buying now. Might catch up with you one day.

      Delete
  6. Love the little jug - so pretty.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tablecloth, great bootie buys too, weather permitting I'm hoping to go to my first carboots of the year on Sunday. Look forward to seeing your trolley after painting.
    Hope your heating/pump gets sorted too - although if your weather is like ours, standing in the garden should provide a great shower!
    Crol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough we've had tons of offers to wash at friends houses. Don't think they want us all smelly do they.

      Delete
  8. Its suprising how we rely on things without really thinking about it. I have been known to go into melt down because the tumble drier has broken down. No heating or bathing though is really horrid. Hope it gets sorted out soon or you'll have to join the gym again just to get a shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your advice Lily. I managed to set this reply thingy up. Yay.

      Delete
  9. What super finds! Loving the tablecloth too, so bright and spring like!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello lovely!...what a lovely jug and sweet cat!...you have found some lovely car booty treasures! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello
    I've just treated myself to the liberty book too, not sure what to make first everything is so lovely! Looking forward to seeing your makes.
    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Round cushions for me Charlotte and then I'm going to make washbags for my girls first school trip away as surprise presents. So sssshhhh. I'll check and see what you get making aswell.

      Delete
  12. Hi Lisa,

    Love your new finds and i bet that trolley will look a treat when you have finished prettying it up! Ooo I love your blue walls. We have very light blue walls in our dinningroom more by accident than by design though it was supposed to of been an off white! oops but I really love it now!

    I feel your pain about faulty expensive things going wrong. DH car has just had some expensive work done it hurts! ouch. Hope you can get your pump fixed though nothing worse than not being able to shower or bathe. I love your upbeat attitude though.And everything mellows a little with a little alchol liberally applied ;0)


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of upbeat about it, but can get really moany now and again. More moany when life stops me doing what I want to do they I go on and on. Mr Bun says I'm being eggy then which really winds me up. Daft.

      Delete
  13. Hi Lisa
    You certainly have a good eye for spotting gorgeous finds at car boot sales. I'm longing to go to one soon and have a rummage myself. I do hope you have your hot water and heating up and running soon, I can sympathise as ours was down and out for about 10 days in January...not fun I know!! Take care and I'm off to look at all your lovely posts I missed when I was away xox Penelope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems I'm not alone in this no heat thing. We're all hardy and cope don't we. Just hope we get the money from somewhere.

      Delete
  14. Hope your boiler problems are over soon. We were without hot water for 9 days before Christmas and then we had to have a new boiler anyway. The best place for trainers is in the bin - I hate them - but the book looks lovely. Love your pretty fabric too. Fingers crossed you get your painting done tomorrow. Karen X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha bin the trainers. Swapping even better though.

      Delete
  15. Great finds, I love the little trolley, can't wait to see what you do with it!

    I do envy those of you with decent midweek 'car boots' nearby ... there is a big Sunday one near here but you need to be there by 7.00am to get any bargains and that is just too early for us at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See Annie I managed the reply thingy. Thanks for your advice too. Mid-week car boot isn't that a luxury. I used to manage my work hours perfectly so I had Wednesdays off to leisurely find treasure.

      Delete
  16. Lovely finds I soooo miss going to the carboot sales.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...