Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

Plastic Bob


Before I start rambling on, I thought I'd better show you my all done and dusted Patchy Cushions.


I love the fabrics in these so much. I could sit and look and then look some more just to get my happy fix for the day. I'll be popping these ones in my etsy shop in the next few days, but I'll definately be making some for us too.

On Saturday Miss Rosey and I set off to try out a new market. She's never come with me before and was really looking forward to it.

The church hall looked great when we arrived, all decked out with bunting. There were a few stalls that caught my eye too for a spot of shopping later on.


Through the day I caught up with a few friends who stopped by and chatted with a few more lovely people who read this here stuff and know me from Pick 'n' Mix Makers Market. 

One very lovely lady bought these tasty cupcakes for Rosey and I as she enjoys reading Bobo Bun so much. Thanks so much Patricia, we really enjoyed munching them, Rosey picked the windmill one.



I sold a few bits, but on the whole it was a slow day. I wasn't disappointed though as I hadn't gone with any expectations and I had a lovely day chatting with Rosey and meeting other lovely people. I'm sure this sounds a bit odd as from a selling point of view the whole reason I bother going to markets is to make a profit. Well I wanted to see what it was all about and as the pitches were so reasonable I knew it was an ok gamble to go and try it out.


I've also had the necessary kick up the bum to get making new stock, so now I just need another kick to get me adding it to my etsy store tommorow. 

We did make sure we came home with a few goodies too. There were a couple of stalls selling some kitsch bits and bobs that really appealed to me. I'm annoyed I didn't get the carousel horse ring - ho hum, but I did get Bob the Elephant (for me), the musical cat for Miss Rosey and ...


Miss Rosey chose the wee white bear for Little Bun. 


I added a few buttons and plastic stuff to my bag too. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, but I think it'll involve a bit of glue.


Our last buys were these Japanese notebooks. One for each of us.


Next Saturday there'll be the Golden Triangle Makers Market in the same hall. A friend of mine has a stall there so we'll pop along and check it out as I think it'll be a good one.

Thanks Lily, Heather and Annie (and anyone else if I've forgotten you) for your technical advice. I've not had a chance to give it a go, but I will very soon so fingers crossed it works. 

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think I might have been disapointed if my first craft fair had been very slow, so perhaps as well I didn't get my act together and go! But I have signed up for VintageNorwich to get the heads up for the next ones. But the hall looked very jolly, and I love your cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cushions, the fabrics are so nice, I think I would just sit & stare at them also.
    The Market looks fab so much preety stuff & love your new buys
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I recognised the hall and when I looked on line for the venue of next weeks market, I discovered I was right. Each week in the 80s I spent many hours there at mums and toddlers, circle dance, jumble sales etc....oh what memories. I lived at the bottom of the road opp the hall.....now how do I get an excuse to come to Norwich next week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely summery cushions. I can see them on a garden bench on a hot sunny day. Love the jewellery - I would have wanted to buy the lot! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your beautiful patchy cushions- they are the colours of a beautiful rainbow and cheered my soul today so much, was feeling a little bleak after dropping sophia at school ;0(...but your post sure cheers my soul- thank you! ;0)x

    all your beautiful makes! wow!...love the necklaces the little buns picked out and your little kitch style buttons! so cute!
    oh' and the notebooks! ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cushions are so pretty, would take me about a week and many pots of tea to just complete one of them!
    Nattie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cushions are really cheerful. I wish we had markets around here but there is nothing like it. I like the little plastic bambies - they are so cute. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cushions, perfect to bring sunshine indoors.
    Wish we had such wonderful 'markets' in this area, although one held just before Christmas was quite nice. No kitsch though! Love the elephant.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely things Lisa - I do love those notebooks.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabby cushions Lisa! I know what you mean about fairs but if I'd turned up at that one I think I'd blow everything on your lovely looking stall. I always think I'll regret it if I don't give it a try. I've got my first of the year in Bridport on Saturday so keeping my fingers crossed for shoppers!!
    Have a good week
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stall looked fabulous - such lovely colours, and those cushions are stunning! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh so cute..bob..cat..deer..your makes..the cakes..lovely :)
    x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to meet you on Saturday, will post a few pics on FB soon, Best Angela www.nankabruce.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your beautiful cushions and crochet bunting! Your stall is lovely and cheerful! So glad you and Miss Rosey had such a good time! How sweet of your friend to give you both a yummy cupcake! Your finds are so darling and happy! Have a lovely day! xo~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stall looked lovely - wish I could have been there but its just too far! Must have been extra nice to have Rosey helping - love her cheeky face peering over your makes. Its raining cats and dogs here and blowing a gale so might get the chance to stay indoors and make something. Karen X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I missed the market, it looks a good venue. I adore Bob the elephant, will you be wearing him when we next meet?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...