Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Nearly a Teen

Every year September the 1st heralds the start of new things for us. Twelve years ago a little girl decided she'd had enough of hanging around and crashed into the peace of our twosome a bit earlier than we'd expected. In the naivety of my never having done the birth thing before I assumed labour was just a spot of indigestion. Mind you I'd been pretty fidgety about getting the cutlery drawer really clean and tidy that day so I should have guessed something was up.

Miss Rosey arrived a few weeks early and has remained just as driven to get things done when she puts her mind to it. She has a fabulous sense of humour, is so loving and caring, but can keep her feelings close to sometimes which means I misunderstand her. She exudes cool without even realising it, is the best eldest sister and friend Little Bun could ever wish for.


She is so like me in so many ways that we often can be found yelling at each other in a pretty mental way. Thank god it soon blows over and we move on. 

Now here she is, about to turn 12 (at 3.35pm if we're going to be picky). On Monday she starts a whole new adventure when she will be going to High School without me standing in the playground by her side. This afternoon we took her for a quick meet up with her year group so they could get to know the school without everyone else around. Despite knowing no one else she walked in on her own and told me she'd be just fine. My girl, who used to hold my hand so tightly while we went quietly around the room at nursery and checked out all the things she could do that day doesn't need me to hold her hand all the while now. It's as it should be and I know we've done a brilliant job to make our little worrier grow like this, but boy it's harder for us than them isn't it helping them move on. Small insight here, I've made myself get all teary writing this.


So here we have one proud mum and dad ready to enjoy seeing all the new adventures ahead for our birthday girl. 

I'll leave you with a glimpse of the only making I've been managing to squeeze in this week. The brickwork patch is coming along nicely and as I've been frozen most nights it's been wonderful to snuggle under it and run stitches along each piece. Hopefully I'll find time next week to bind the edges and then I can show all.

16 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely post ... we too have changes afoot .. my second little one starts primary school on Monday but he is lucky as his big brother will be there in year 3 to help him ... big changes ...but it is lovely to see them grow strong and happy .. have a lovely weekend ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Rosey has a wonderful birthday. You have such a happy little family and there will be lots of new things to share as they grow older. I know exactly how you feel but even my 18 year old still wants to do things with me and he's great company too. Sending a big hug from Sussex, Karen X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely - those transitions to the next school are so heart tugging aren't they. Very sweet to hear about your daughter and the slow unfurling of her confidence
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck to your daughter, she sounds very brave! and that's an exciting glimpse of something nice! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It brought a tear to my eye reading this as it took me right back to last September when our blue eyed boy made the massive move from primary to secondary, but all is fine, I just wish he would stay 12 forever.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Rosie xx


    Hope the start to High School goes well - scary how time passes so fast this year Boy1 starts 6th form and Boy2 his GCSE courses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be really proud, shes beautiful and bright and starting a new chapter in her life. happy birthday lovely one x ;0)...no wonder you feel teary its such a big step. I felt it this week thinking of sophia goinginto the proper 1st year of primary school and no longer a youngen in foundation ;0) big hugs and happy new beginnings x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My middle one who is on some ways my babiest baby goes into reception on Wednesday. I am sure I am more worried than he is but I can't help feeling that he is just too little at only just 4.

    It's going to be an emotional week all round I think!

    Eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your lovely "bun" Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They grow up so fast and I'm sure there will be lots of changes for them when they get to senior school! My eldest is the same age, she's just been on her first shopping trip with friends! I was with the other Mums having a coffee in town and we were all reminiscing about their first day at school. The girls kept popping back to show us what they had brought! Happy birthday! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A scary day, but sounds like she'll make it a breeze x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Very Happy Birthday to Miss Rosey. And huzzahs to you and Mr. Bun for giving her the skills to go out into the world (or at least High School) with such confidence and enthusiasm.

    Your brickwork patch is so sunny and cheery it makes me smile just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday and good luck at your new school . How exciting? Big school is wonderful I hope you make lots of friends. I remember being really excited about getting a new grown up school bag and I thought it would be like grange hill. It wasn't thankfully. Mrs Bun it's a mighty fine blanket I can't wait to see it finished, so colourful. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to your #1 and lots of luck for this week, as you know we are going through the same thing here and I agree it's definitely harder for us xxxx be thinking of you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS meant us parents, just retread that and it didn't look right...sorry :-) need to go to bed xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to Miss Rosie, my goodness my Alipops will be 12 soon too and in 2 days time trundling off to that High School, infact we are doing a bus practice run this morning...eeek, I'm not sure if I am ready for this but like you will hold steadfast and breathe a sigh of relief after day 1. Your beautiful girl will no doubt continue to shine through with colours of your love.Wishing her all the very best, xox Penelope

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...