Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Loving the Old Stuff

Here we are on my last full week with my lovely girls before I go back to work. So much more we want to squash and squeeze into our time together so I think we'll go off for a cycle ride soon and make a few plans as we go.

At the end of our family week together we headed off to the Norfolk coast and stopped by Felbrigg Hall. After picnicking under a tree surrounded by cows, we visited the church, which was fascinating. I picked up a thread of the family stories which then continued as we walked around the house. As an estate that was lived in all year round it still feels very much a family home and is a wonderful place to visit if you're ever about this way.


We even fitted in a quick snooze break in the orangery, hide and seek in the woods and a gentle meander around the walled gardens.

One of my favourite things in the house was this Stieff Lion which was the youngest sons toy. Sadly he died in the battle of Crete in 1941.


Not so grand, but just as lovely is our new wheely lamb toy which I found the next day on a market day outing.


The following day (which was actually yesterday) Little Bun and I headed off to set up our own market stall. We had a pitch at Little Vintage Lover Fair in Heydon, which is one I never miss as it's always such a lovely day out. No pictures of the stall or outside I'm afraid as I completely forgot with all the chatting going on.

A few friends stopped by and then out of the blue a lady whose beautiful coat I'd been admiring said hello. Turns out it was the Vanilla Squirrel who's on holiday in these parts. It was a delight to meet up with her unexpected and all.  Lovely to be able to put a face to all the gorgeous makes and doings over on her blog.


Whilst we were chatting Little Bun had been in the Vintage Hair salon outside. I'd convinced her to have her hair glamourised after Florence, another wee market helper had her updo done. With her victory rolls, curls and innocent face Grandma named her Deanna (Durbin) when we turned up there on the way home.


Miss Rosey, Mr B and Alfie were already a visiting when we arrived bearing Little Bun's gift to her sister from LVL. She knows her sister well as she adored her Elton John pineapple glasses.

As for me I snaffled up the usual fabric bits and bobs for myself. With the bestest buy ever of a sheet that I've been searching for for a year now since I've used up all of my last bits. Now I have a whole blue sheet in one of my favourite prints to play with. The plate was a gift for my man who loves 1950's prints. See we all got something old from the day.


Ta Ta for now.

22 comments:

  1. I should have known that squirrel would have snuffled out a vintage fair even if she was on her hols...what fun to have met up....!
    Bestest D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely surprise indeed Daisy. x

      Delete
  2. What fun !!
    To also meet up with Vanilla Squirrel ~ an added treat !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had already read about your meeting up with Miss Squirrel ... what fun! Love Little Bun's hairdo, very glamorous.

    Enjoy the last days of your holiday, always the mst precious as they pass so quickly!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Bun revelled in being the glamour girl instead of big sis Claire.
      X

      Delete
  4. Hope the fair was a success. I saw your stall on Vanilla Squirrel's blog and it looked lovely!
    Make the most of your last few days. Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the end of things Ellie wish we had a wee bit longer.
      x

      Delete
  5. Looks like you have had a fab time lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great summer Jen. I think it's mostly down to this fabulous weather.

      Delete
  6. I saw Vanilla Squirrel's photos on IG and was very envious! Enjoy the last few days of the hols.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd have found lots to enjoy most certainly Hen. Maybe one day you'll hit these parts. I'd certainly reccomend the Sheringham 1940's weekend in September.
      x

      Delete
  7. Your stall looked fab, saw it on the lovely Squirrel's blog.
    You and your girls are very stylish indeed!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you indeed Mrs B. Blushing here. x

      Delete
  8. Ooh I'd love my hair done like that - so glamorous. I fear it would look ridiculously floofy with my curls though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma

      Bet they'd knock your hair into submission and it'd would look great. Millie's problem like mine is it's far too straight and took an age to curl.

      Delete
  9. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a vintage hair salon! I LOVE that hair style on your little girl, I wouldn't even know where to begin to do hair like that.
    Your girls are lovely and I love your style as well, so trendy and pretty.
    Remind me to follow you shopping some day! Love that sheet and that print :)
    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't do more than a ponytail Tammy, that's why I encouraged her to go see someone who could. Thanks for your lovely words.
      x

      Delete
  10. Oh bum i forgot it was the fair, i went to southwold instead! Loving the hairdo and the lovely cloth, will have to go next year!!! Catx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We visited the hall last year when we were there, very nice! Your stall looked fab Lisa, love your fabric stash! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live not far from Felbrigg and love popping in for a coffee and wander around the walled garden. Your daughters hair is fantastic.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...