Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

Thanking YOU

I'll try to keep it quick. I talk a lot and I mean on and on.

I needed to get on here and say such a big heartfelt thankyou. My words here can't get across the true extent of what your messages of support on my last post mean to me. If you saw my eyes welling up because I get emotional saying this stuff and the fact that I love hugging good kind people then you'd really really know.


I also got texts this morning from a wonderful lady I met through my blog (there's so many of you in fact that I've spoken to and wished we lived nearer because I think we'd have a grand old time). Then the morning post came (which I hate, because it's usually horrid stuff) and I was sent a fabulous Pug card containing heartfelt words. 

I struggle being open because I hate people thinking I'm looking for sympathy. I prefer to make a joke of things and move on. I'm so glad I did say here it is as knowing there are so many good people out there that feel like I do really boosts me. My man is amazing and achieves so much with all his projects with these youngsters and he loves me so it's taken as red that he holds me up. It was the extra stuff from you all that really helped.


 Your support gave me strength and so this morning I made phone calls and sent messages to set up an event in the easter holidays promoting what we do in the heart of the city. You got me kicking arse again, I talk more like that in the real world, I become Enid Blyton here which is good for calming me down. I've also had two fabulous end of term reports from our girlies and we have lovely weekend plans ahead. All good head stuff. 

Next post will be all pretty colourful stuff of my friends shop as my head feels ready to be pleasant again. I haven't made a thing to show you as my hands were stilled this week.

19 comments:

  1. Glad that you are feeling stronger today. Now go and kick some arse! Lol

    Wishing you and yours a cracking weekend.

    P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that you feel ready to take on your challenges today! We're always here for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you're feeling better today. I'm also glad you shared your feelings, I think you and I are a lot alike and it's good to know there is someone out there who gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy the school holidays x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better about life today Mrs. Blyton! (Couldn't you just make great use of all those royalties?!) Keep doing what you do so well, J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You kick ass again Lisa......and don't forget, empathy is very different from sympathy! We're off to London next week so I'm a happy bunny too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lisa, haven't popped over for a week or two as we have some heavy stuff going on here too - mostly my poor old mum and a bit of chesty rubbish ailment for me. Timing, as ever! But having read your posts now I think you just deserve to step back and congratulate yourself on a job well done. Can't help about the funding/seats on bums bit - so many positions are short term these days, which is criminal when you KNOW the need is there. The referral system maybe needs tweaking?
    And bloggy readers are the best, I've had such lovely messages and I like to think that we all chip in to do the 'virtual support' bit - and I do believe it helps, even though we all may never meet. It does no harm to have the occasional "share" to get those feelings out, I don't think we 'regulars' make a habit of going for the sympathy vote, so if it helps now and again, do it. Feel free - it's your blog! Chin up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to know that you are feeling better, blogland is a wonderful place for a little support when you need it and I am sure that no one would think that you wrote that post for sympathy - and shame on them if they did! Sorry, still fierce! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and that you can do some relaxing and celebrating those great school reports - well done to your girls!!!!! Your ripple is looking lovely, hope that you have fun working on it. Take care, keep going and we will still be here!! Can't shake of a blogger you know! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling better and a lovely weekend to look forward to as well.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl!
    And, by the way, being my usual shallow self again, that elephant necklace is FABULOUS!
    Have a fabulous Easter with your lovely family.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, kick arse girlfriend!!( good grief, it must be the wine...!) have a great weekend and enjoy your lovely family x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taking the load off the shoulders by sharing it with others, it works! Just putting it out there in the virtual diary of blog world has helped it make some sense in your head, well done you on having the courage to be a little vulnerable, and I do mean courage! It's hard to always be strong for others so don't forget to be strong for you now and into the future. Glad to hear you have renewed energy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad we were able to be of help and you felt supported. Looking for sympathy? I don't think so, you were reaching out and were heard. Thank you for trusting us to share some of those more unpleasant things that happen in life. I do hope you feel you can share with us again if the need arises. Take care.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that ripple....I need to get my hooks out and get started! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't ever think you are being judged for what you say. We love your blog and you which is why we follow, good, bad, happy and sad. We are all here.
    I too use the blog to calm don't and become much more polite and talk how I would like to talk everyday but kids, life and men get in the way. Oh and sometimes really irritating neighbours! I am glad you are back kicking arse and am sending big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were one of the first blogs I ever read......and always a favorite!! I have had a few days like yours lately....I know what your feeling....thank God for creativity...it gives us something that is our very own...
    And for the record..that picture of you is just beautiful....all the colors....your dress and sweater....and then the ripples!!! Wow!! Stand tall....you are one of the really good humans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bit late replying, but I'm so pleased you're feeling fortified...it's good to connect and let people know how you feel. It's what (bloggy) friends are for! Hugs again, Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...