Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

It's Back

Slowly, slowly, stitch by stitch my need and desire to create stuff is coming back.

When you lose the urge to do the thing that calms your busy mind, the thing that gives you happiness, the thing that you look forward to after a busy week at work then you wonder if it will ever return.

It was the same when my dad died, I had no desire to create anything. Then all of a sudden I was back on a making roll.

I just have to learn to go with it more.
Learn that there's a lot in life we have no control over. I'm steadily learning that letting go can be empowering.


This week I've finished and worn the Schooldays Top, finished and worn an stitched cardi and started a couple of new things too.

With Miss Millie's 13th birthday looming preparations need to be made. There's nothing she wants other than a vintage tea party and as her parents are seriously skint I think thank heavens I can sew and she likes what I make her. No clues to the above as yet, just in case she pops on by.

She does have a birthday treat this weekend which has now come before the day itself. She has a whole weekend Lambing at the local agricultural college. The lambs have been popping out much earlier than planned so she might miss the births, but she'll have the joy of everything else sheepish. What more could a sheep mad girl who dreams of owning her own flock and dogs really want.



Now about that other thing I finished and wore this week.

Before Christmas I bought Clare Youngs book A Year in Crafts. I loved making the brogues bag from it, although I really wish I hadn't bothered now. There are so many other things in there that I want to try, but it was the stitchy stuff that drew me in at first.

The same day I bought the book I started working on a cardigan of mine transforming it from plain old blue to a stitchy sensation.



Then life happened a lot, so it got ignored on the one day in the future you'll get finished or binned pile.

Then this week my sweet youngest girl was poorly. I sent her to school as I had no childcare and I told her it was easier for me to leave work once school called than me not going in to start with. Quite soon the school nurse called. I cancelled my classes and spent the day with my love, picking up this blue cardigan again.




I'm really thrilled with how it's turned out, it's been worn twice since too.

I think I'll be adding bullions and chains to a fair few knits now I've fallen for this one.

 

So you see, it seems I've got back my creative head and hands for now.
I'm pretty glad.

19 comments:

  1. Wow - I love your cardigan. I don't think I'd be brave or clever enough to do that, but it looks really effective. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cardigan! Hope you little one is feeling better.Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cardigan! Hope you little one is feeling better.Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardigan looks amazing!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I'm a new visitor but I'm sure I'll be back soon!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* for your darling daughter. I'm glad to see that your creative mind is percolating again. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. I've found you again after far too long. Love the cardy. Have you seen Dottie Angel's wooly tattoos. Fab idea that I have put on my to do list. Looking back over your recent posts I see you've had a hard time. My thoughts are with you. Blessings and love, Trills.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see your creative mojo has return with abundance... Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cardi, so pretty and spring-like. I'm so glad your mojo is coming back. A very Happy Birthday to your daughter on her 13th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cardi is bloomin gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling creative again. Its a sure sign things are not good when we lose our wish to do our favourite things. I am SO with Miss Millie about sheep and dogs. I moved last year into the middle of a Welsh hill sheep farm and am surrounded by the conforting sounds of sheep, farmer and dogs. I get to help with ferrying the sheep across the road to the opposite fields and also with shearing. Hoping above all to be able to learn to help them have their lambs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely to find you here with your making mojo returned x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Atta girl! Love the sweater. Enjoy all your makes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous cardigan! I completely lost my creativity after my Mum passed away but am returned and it has helped the healing process so much but it took a long time. Treat yourself very kindly -hope you enjoy your crafting and feel better very soon,
    Best wishes
    Alison xx
    farmhousetraditions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great....it never really leaves you it's a part of who you are! glad your making and creating again. I like the cardy, good luck with the birthday plans. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving the new look you've given your cardi, what a fab idea.
    Hope your daughter is feeling tip top again now.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. your cardi looks lovely, you are a very neat stitcher, hate it when you lose your creative mojo, i know i am really not right if i don't wish to do anything crafty! Glad you have got back on the craft wagon!! Catxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. your cardi looks lovely, you are a very neat stitcher, hate it when you lose your creative mojo, i know i am really not right if i don't wish to do anything crafty! Glad you have got back on the craft wagon!! Catxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...