Pages

Monday 7 December 2009

Jingly Jangly

On Sunday we rose very early as we had a steam train to catch. The Santa Express no less and we didn't want to get in trouble with the elves if we got there too late.


We boarded the train and snuggled up in our seats with sherry, mince pies and juice. As we set off along the North Norfolk coastline we waited for that first glimpse of sea, laughed as the golfers disappeared in clouds of smoke and then suddenly we were there at Santa Land. We've been doing this for the last five years now and think we'll still be dragging the Buns here as teenagers as we love it so much.


On the way back we took a slight detour to Holt so we could put our very snazzy banner up for this weekends Pick 'n' Mix Market. I can't believe it's here at last. What was an idea in February is very nearly a reality all these months later.


Last Friday we were in the local press with a great feature and tomorrow will see us in another edition.



Now back to the reason for all of this which is the making of things. I've been busy cutting, sewing and generally decorating stuff. A few months ago I ordered a fat quarter of fabric from Aneela. It was the first of the designs she sent off to Spoonflower and quite a few of us wanted some. Well it's been a long time coming, but I've finally cut into it and made a few brooches with a small piece.


All a little bit of doodly christmas to pin on your outfit.




I've finally covered all the hangers I'll be taking with me. Now just to sew up all those trinket and button bags, sew the floral brooches and just a few more things and I might just be done.


Tomorrow I'll be back in Holt with Teena a few signs and a mallet. Fingers crossed for no rain. Hopefully there'll be time to hit the shops there again as last week I found a couple of these gentlemen and a bit of tinsle. If I find any treasure you'll be the first to know.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been a busy bee, your weekend sounds and looks like so much fun, I am sooooooooo jealous!!!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you & Teena all the best for Saturday - wish I could be there but its just a tad too far :(

    When the boys were smaller we did the Santa express trips @ Bressingham - all wrapped like polar explorers but so worth it for their little faces when they saw the man himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well they were worth the wait!!!love the little brooches you made.....what a perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo i love the brooches and good luck with the market !!! Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa Land - fantastic and I love the brooches - a real festive look.

    take care and have a wonderful day,

    Nina xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love those father christmas decorations and your coat hangers, good luck with the fair! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant believe it! We had that very same santa decoration when we were little!!
    The Santa Express looked fabulous fun - my parents, sister and child were up north norfolk at the weekend visiting Santa, wonder if it was the same place?

    Glad you had a lovely time, love the brooches too!

    Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh Santa express brings back some memories, we were only reminiscing the other day infact! I think it is probably a good thing that I'm broke and live a five hour drive from Norfolk as I would probably purchase just about everything you had for sale on your stall..love those brooches Mrs B but those hangers are to die for..luuuuverly! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you great luck for your market at the weekend - can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...