Pages

Saturday 17 April 2010

99's, Piggies & Donkey

On Friday we headed across creeks on rickety bridges to get a good cold blast of sea air. We hid in a hollow in the sand dunes to eat our picnic which tasted all the better for the crunchy sand sticking to it.


Then it was time for a spot of sunbathing. Handy, Maya and Abi had packed all the essentials and even remembered to weigh the blanket down with a rock or two.


On the way back the Buns bravely ate 99's and we bought a few lollies to keep us going.


Back home and more flowery stuff needed finishing up. All done around a game of Piggy in the Middle and a few hands of Donkey. I was the Donkey both times.


Now this cushion has only got so far as I got distracted yet again.


Do you remember my dangly bell flower brooch? Well a friend of mine has it now. I wanted one to wear at Little Vintage Lover on Sunday so I got working with the needles. So now I'll have a lovely brooch to wear. but I haven't finished half the things I planned to take with me.


After Sunday only one more day left to have fun with my little chums before it's back to school. We did daydream about no more school and taking off wherever we wanted to go. No sensible staying put to be near decent schools, but opting out moving on and filling our land with lots of sheep, goats, donkeys and more besides. And best of all no more ironing school uniforms.

Enjoy your last few days won't you. X


14 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss the sea, looks like you had a lovely if bracing time!

    I remember those lollies with pictures in so well - I didn't realise you could still buy them. Great memories of aching gums and sore teeth!! Fun though.

    Hope the Fair goes well today. Back to school for my two tomorrow as well and although it's a shame I'm afraid we're back to waking up before the crack of dawn because they're not so busy. I need a rest now!

    Have a lovely day.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day out, I love the fact that the little buns name all their dolls and toys such fab names!

    Enjoy the fair today. My two are back to school tomorrow, back to the rat race I guess - worse luck.

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and the little Buns are having a fine time, we are trying to make the most of the end of the hols too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better to lift the spirits than a day by the sea.I like those kind of daydreams...we have them all the time!!Enjoy what's left of the hols.

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Norfolk coast line and is perhaps the main reason why I miss living in Morwich so much. Have a great time at the Fair today - if only I was still in Norwich I could be there too.
    Love the dream about no more school - I did actually educate my son at home for a year and oh what freedom.
    Enjoy the last day of the hols
    Viv
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like such a good plan!!

    The photo of the dolly 'catching a few rays' is great. :)

    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful big East Angian skies - my idea of heaven!
    Like the crochet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the fair went well today.

    Enjoy your last day of the hols tomorrow - is the same for us.

    Not looking forward to alarms, packups & uniforms again :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. A day by the sea, how lovely!
    Loving all your pretty hooky stuff! Your cushion is gorgeous!
    Have a happy week!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lovely day out. I love the look of the lollies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crochet looks so lovely. And your trip sure sounds like a lot of fun. Very pretty post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet post, I hope the dollies didn't get sun burnt. Love the vibrant crochet you're doing and that yellow floral fabric is gorgeous.

    Thank you for your kind thoughts.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...