Pages

Friday 23 July 2010

Fairly Short & Sweet

Time has flown along and I suddenly realised I hadn't taken a picture, let alone stopped by to say hello here for over a week. School life has pretty much taken up any spare time over the last two weeks. Two evening school play performances, drama club performance, school BBQ, Disco, Sports Day and today - leavers assembly in church. I have two shattered girls ready to enjoy six lazy weeks of summer.

As for me - well I've been busy finishing up the order for a lovely new shop that will be opening in Norwich on the 7 August. More about that very soon. I've also had orders for Cosy Round Cushions to make up so my hook has never been so busy.


This weeks Car Boot was the last one on my own for a while. Now more china horses, dogs and kittens will be coming home with us again as a bribe to keep the Buns walking just one more row - pppplleaaseeee. On Wednesday I only managed to find this wee basket, the candy striped pillowslips and this fabulous tablecloth. Outside are a couple of ugly brown garden chairs that need a bright coat of paint. Not decided yet on whether they'll be yellow, pink, or blue.


I've also rediscovered this gorgeous basket from under a pile of scarves. I bought it from Louise Loves a few years ago and now can't decide what to use it for as the French fabric inside is so lovely and I want to be able to see it, not hide it again. For the moment Olly sleeps in it.


The other thing I wanted to tell you about is the Redwings centre we visited on Saturday. It's a place that only opens twice a year and has many of the horses and donkeys that were rescued from Amersham two years ago. If you're not familiar with the story, roughly 90 horses and donkeys were found in appalling conditions on a horse dealers land. Esther the brown donkey below and her mother Martha were tethered in an enclosure which was far too small near an aggressive dog. Martha was so thin she had no milk to feed her baby, which meant Esther was so weak she had to be carried on and off the Redwings lorry when she was rescued.


Two years later Martha is having a snooze while Esther was in the middle of quite a few rolls, full of mischief. It's a fabulous place. What struck me the most was how gentle and loving the horses we met were. They can experience the worst and yet still feel able to trust humans. It shows what an amazing amount of work goes into rehabilitating these beautiful animals.

Have a lovely weekend whatever you get up to. For us I think a spot of collapsing, eating and just being is in order.

X

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to say that you have won my first giveaway! I have emailed you for your address so that I can post it off to you.
    Ps...........loving that table cloth fabric! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those last couple of weeks before the summer holiday are always so busy - I hope you all enjoy a well earned break from the school routine. And what a sweet basket - the little flowers on the side are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof, great finds as ever, and great news about orders and crochet loveliness. I'm rather taken with your rippling.

    I'm cooking up a plan for a brooch post soon. I think I've got a brooch compulsion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you Lisa!
    It's great that you are so busy with all your makes.
    So not only has Olly take over your home and your hearts but now your basket as well!! :) Sweet!
    It's unbelievable how cruel some people can be to animals, thank goodness for centres like the one you visited!
    Enjoy the school holidays.
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new shop in Norwich sounds exciting can't wait to hear a bit more about it.
    Gillxaeduc

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember being near to tears when I read that story about the horses.So good to know they are being taken care of so well.
    Enjoy your well earned holiday!

    Bellaboo ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that story was so sad. I'm glad they had a happy ever after. Good luck with the shop!

    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...