Pages

Wednesday 28 July 2010

P is for Pink and Patchy

As the three of us wandered up and down at the car boot today we knew what we were looking for. My list of wants was quite long, but the Buns was good and short. They wanted a large plastic car to take their dolls on journeys around the garden. Only two cars spotted today and both were too small. That means they're actually looking forward to coming next week in case they find one then.


I didn't get much of my mental lists wants, but I was thrilled to find more icecream pink Meakin Rosa and Johnson Bros. Rosedawn all in perfect condition.


Everything else I wanted like some 1930's incredibly filthy curtains was too much money and no one was bargaining. The knocker boys never play ball with the prices and always charge too much in my opinion. At the end of the day they're only selling in a field.


Now we're back home and I'm busy stitching some cushions together for next Sundays Vintage Market.


As usual I got distracted an ended up also doing some quick alterations to a Vintage Frock I bought at Christmas. After I'd finished sewing it was still a bit too big at the sides so I added a citrus velvet belt from Noa Noa.



This is probably my first Challenge of the Utmost Kind outfit. Not bad for three months in.

16 comments:

  1. Looking sensational Mrs Bun... That is a great print & the belt works very nicely.. Terrific car boot purchases, love all the pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress fabric is GORGEOUS!! Your giveaway prize is in the post(sorry for the delay) and should be with you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress, its stunning. Also love the pink ceramics, beautiful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outfit is beautiful and I love the accessorising - you can never go wrong with Noa Noa can you?

    Wish I could find some more pink Rosedawn - all I seem to find down here is the Greydawn.

    Happy holidays,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning dress Lisa, beautiful colours!!! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oof, lovely frock Mrs.

    I's give my eye teeth to come to that fair but we're off on hols that day. Otherwise I'd have been there in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A car boot sale on a wednesday? You lucky thing I'm lucky if I can find one once a month!! Oh how I miss them. Love the pink china and the dress is terrific..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress
    wish I could find a bit of pink it doesen't seem to be here either
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs Bun: I've had a good frolic through your lovely blog and look forward to visiting again in the future. The lime green was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness me - pick me up from the floor please! The Johnsons china, the patchwork, the vintage fabric - just everything! So sorry to be drooling in such an unladylike fashion over your photos in this post. I will make every effort to be more composed when I visit next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your dress, it is gorgeous!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you Blog, that pink china is a wonderful find, love the shade. Your dress looks fab with the belt. I looked back through other posts and saw your visited Redwings, I used to give a lot of my pocket money to them when I was little. They do such wonderful work. Have a fun weekend when it arrives, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dress looks great - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the dress and the belt - fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab china finds..and the dress..WOW!
    What I'd give to have a weekly car boot sale round here!

    Bellaboo ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...