Pages

Monday 26 July 2010

High Days & Holidays

Another school year is done and dusted and now the Bun's have got six lovely long weeks ahead of them.

On Saturday we went for an Italian lunch at a beautiful converted cinema to celebrate. Each time we're there we wish they'd kept it as a cinema and we could sit and watch some old Black & Whites while we munch.


On Sunday we stopped by a WWII USAAF airbase with the beautiful boy. He's sitting behind Mr Bun if you're wondering where he's gone.


I couldn't resist the urge to paint stuff when we got back.




Geoffrey Gnome was in a nasty hit and run with a hen while we were out. His face was all smashed up and needed a bit of glue. The sort of strong glue that nearly made Geoffrey a permanent feature on my hand


I thought I'd better get rid of the dead plants by the front door so I planted a couple of hot pink geraniums. The lobster haunted my childhood. My mum had it on the coffee rack and I hated it then. The Bun's brought it back to live here. They seem to love it. I won't let it come in.


Today I did a spot of cutting as a serious re-stocking of stuff to go to market is needed. Only one work day this week so fingers crossed I can get stitching done.


We made sure we got to the library this afternoon to register for the summer reading challenge. This time it's called Space Hop. Apart from reading six books to collect all the stickers, the children can make a spaceship. So I gave up cutting my stash while the Bun's got out the glue, paint and pens and had a great time making. Oh to have a room of my own.


I'd made sure I came home from the library with a bit of cooking and sewing inspiration for me, so I curled up for a read instead.


While we waited for the paint to dry on spaceships we took Olly for a walk round the garden. It's been so hot keeping the doors shut to keep him in and safe. He tries to escape every time he gets the chance so before tea we showed him what a big world it is when you're tiny with a too big pink sparkly collar and a bit of washing line lead.


He's an absolute devil as far as Alfie is concerned. He adores him and tries to suckle him every chance he gets. Alfie just sits and takes it, so we have to keep pulling Olly away. He's a funny, full on bundle, but I still can't help wishing he was Molly.


Tommorow is work for me and a lovely day with Grandma for the Bun's - not a bad life this holiday lark.

9 comments:

  1. The summer reading challenge sounds like a good idea, something to keep the buns busy!
    I know I've said it before and I'll probably say it many times again but Olly is so gorgeous! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great start to a wonderful holiday, love all your patchwork bits.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for the holidays! We've registered for the summer reading challenge too - did you know when they collect stickers some of them are scratch'n'sniff?!? That REALLY took me back!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy holidays Mrs B.

    I feel the same way about our new kitty cat - he's great fun and a bundle of mischief, but he's not the big fat gingertom....the kids love him!

    Have a fabulous day and happy space hopping!

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds just like a fairytale. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too signed up for the challenge at the library today and R has started off with one of my childhood favs - Milly Molly Mandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to feel the same way when I first got Bella.She had such a different personality..and was such a naughty puppy,it used to make me miss Bonny more!
    Enjoy your lovely long break and have a fab Summer.

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mrs Bun.... We share a common thread.... Although I'm down here in Australia our gardens are similar.... I have my chickens roaming.... A love for geraniums ....& Scarily enough a lobster theme... We have two fake lobsters that reside in our bathroom on the vanity next to the hand basin ( a little odd but a bit of a tradition for us now...they have been following me around for almost twenty years).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...