Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Decisions, decisions

Some important decision making has been occuring over here. After a few days being ill I really couldn't face big food shopping. The cupboards are getting a bit bare to be honest, instead we just bought what we needed for tonight and that included a huge box of chocs in the reduced pile.

Eldest Bun was straight on the case trying to match the pictures to her favourite choccies.

The other important decision so far this week was to get on with some finishing up jobs. While Little Bun and I recovered together on Tuesday I gritted my teeth and got on with sewing in the threads of all 40+flowers on my Japanese Flowers scarf. I finished it in the summer and reckoned if I stood a gnats chance of wearing it this winter I'd better get on with the horrible job.


Little Bun ended up wearing it as an afternoon cosy once all the ends were tidy and stitched out of sight. It would be fair to say she loves it and so do I.


I worked it all in a mix of Amy Butler's Cotton and Aran mix for Rowan. The yarn is so soft around my neck and very very cosy. It's a dream to hook with too, just in case you're tempted to get some.

It looks especially right against my blue velvet coat and made me feel just the right side of upbeat today when I wore it. 


Illness finally over and Little Bun back at school so it meant I could keep my date for cake and chat with Gabriella of Moobaacluck and Penny at Planet Penny. It was a lovely way to spend the morning in the company of two very talented ladies. They'll both be joining me and setting up their mobile shops at the Christmas Pick 'n' Mix Makers Market in Holt on Saturday 26th November. I can't wait to see their work all laid out and ready to tempt.


I gave in to early temptations today, rather than waiting another month. Who could blame me when I spied this Sasse and Belle toadstool whatnot. Toadie pincushion, sticks for putting threads on and a mini toadstool for needles. I just love it.

I'd gone to the lovely things shop to find yarn to make an early start on the first christmas present. Little Bun loved my flower scarf so much and asked for her own colourful one. I normally avoid manmade yarns, but loved the colours of the Sirdar Snuggly range too much to resist.


I've started playing around with shapes and joining them up this evening. I don't want to make another Japanese Flower Scarf, so I'm doing something different which I hope will show up the colours perfectly. Once I've done a bit more I'll show you how it's going.


I did give in to one other wee bit of desire when I went in the discount shop. This gorgeous cardi was £20 instead of £75 and as there's no way I'd ever have paid that much (even if I could) and I have a cardigan obsession,  so it had to come home with me.

Last decision of the day is to post this and say goodnight I think. See you soon.

25 comments:

  1. Your Japanese Flower scarf is lovely Lisa and the colours you've chosen for your daughter's are lovely, looking forward to seeing it.
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are on the mend and love this beautiful post. Your flower scarf looks gorgeous and I love that cardy. I too have a slight cardy obsession,it must have been turning 40 and seeing a hint of bingo wings! hehe...
    Your market is going to be gorgeous for the end of November,only wish I could come :o)
    ps. I think style craft can't turn out OK when it comes to acrylicyarn, have fun with the colours xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. OoopsI meant to say CAN turn out OK when it comes to acrylic yarn! oopsy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo of your daughter at the top is a classic. It represents mankind's constant difficulties in weighing up a decision so well. And lets face it, boxes of chocolates are such great training grounds for making those tough calls. I love it - and I love your scarf. Lots of love, Kate (from greedy for colour) xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I empathize with the ends factor - I still have an embryonic blanket of some years standing sitting endily in the cupboard - your scarf looks really lovely though, and worth the ending!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can confirm the scarf is GORGEOUS, and well worth the battle with all the fiddly ends!Lovely morning with you and Gabriella, we must do it again sometime!
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely things in this post...the Japanese Flowers scarf is really beautiful, and I love the colours you've chosen for your daughter's too. Lovely floral cardy, and of course the toadstools are adorable! Loved the chocolate choosing picture too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW your scarf is just gorgeous you clever lady ;-)) That would cost lots in the shops to buy i bet you were grinning from ear to ear wearing it and quite right to. Loving your new wool colours look forward to seeing what you make next. I hope you start to feel better real soon, enjoy those lovely chocolates, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wrap looks gorgeous and combined with relaxing on the couch with a box of Thorntons even better. The toadstool whatnot is fab, just love that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there what a beautiful scarf, well worth the effort. I love the toadstool thingy, where did you get it from? Would make the perfect gift for a friend. Devx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely circle of friends- much admire their blogs too, such talent like yourself ;0)
    The scarf looks really smashing on you- wonderfully bright and cheery ;0)x
    oh choc's...i want one pleeeeeease hehe x

    p.s thank you kindly for your lovely message on my blog- really made me smile x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! I love your toady pincushiony thing. Very cheering.

    You've made it impossible to resist making a Japanese flower scarf. Blast. I really don't need to add more to my to do wish list.

    I've found the paint swatch card in my paper work mountain. It's Dublin Bay 5 but when it's all painted up it looks more like DB 4.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bet you felt virtuous once you had sewn all those ends in on that beautiful scarf. Oh - you lucky thing finding that cardigan ....... x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to hear you are feeling better. That scarf is gorgeous - some of you bloggers are just so talented and patient! I think half my problem is - I am lazy in the evenings and will just sit looking at different things on the computer and the other half is that I like instant results not long projects!!
    Cardi lovely too!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry that you haven't been feeling well, hope you're much better now. Of course, chocolate usually helps :)

    Love how your flower scarf turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab scarf and love the cardi too, you definitely could not just leave it there!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the scarf ohhh and the choccys and that cardi is lovely too. Can't wait to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can never have enough cute cardies!!
    I absolutely adore your Japanese Flowers scarf... the colours you have used are gorgeous!It must have taken an age to sew in all those ends, but well worth the effort I can see :)
    Thank you for coming over to my blog to say hi... and thanks too for the great tip about joining as you go, it would have made it much easier. I must go over and save Lucy's tutorial so I can try it out soon!

    Looking forward to seeing what you make for your daughter with that scrummy yarn!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful things, just the ticket to get you back to feeling yourself. That scarf is fabulous and the cardi too.

    Really wish I could make it to your market, all the very best with it. Sure it will be a huge success.
    Take care and stay snug.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You clever clever clever person hx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Bobo, the fact that you read my blog is enough xx

    Love your blog too, it's always so inspiring!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  22. That first photo deciding which chocolate made me laugh, I have been in that situation a few times with the little card in my hand. Thinking NO roasted peasnuts!

    Lorraine :-}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sewing in ends is a tiresome job, I agree, but so worth it for the lovely finished result, and the chocs would have been just reward!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you are feeling better. The scarf is gorgeous. I share your love of cardigans too and wear them autumn, winter, spring and summer! A bargain at £20!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...