Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Sleeping, Ploughing and Footie

I felt so joyful when I woke up this morning and realised it was Wednesday. A day off in the middle of the week is a heavenly thing indeed. After three nights on the trot with Little Bun being awake between 3 and 6pm I was feeling a bit raw and confused. She slept most of Monday morning to make up for it all so is much better now. To top it off, yesterday I started teaching a new group of heavily testoteroned 16 year old lads with tons of energy, just when I had none. Thank god I'm a fairly good actor and appeared on the ball or they'd have run rings around me.


Today was my day. Car boot after the school run and then straight to church for a spot of  'We Plough the Fields and Scatter' for the school Harvest Festival. 

The rest of the day went in a blur of fiddling about. A spot of knitting the wristwarmers I'm sure will be needed soon was first. I decided to add a stripe of the mustard I'm knitting the scarf in just because.


Then I finally sewed up the strip of fabric I'd cut to make a skirty panel for Eldest Bun's bed. Simple and straight with ties both ends and all along to tie it to the frame and hide the stuff hidden underneath.


To end my fiddling about before heading back to school I thought I'd better pot up the supermarket Heather's I bought. Steph over at Curlew Country always inspires me with her green fingered skills. She mentioned these wee plants as a quick autumn fix and I thought I know I can manage that one.


Now here I am after a quick PTFA meeting tonight in the pub. All business done and dusted at breakneck speed with events planned up to February. I suggested we had Penny for the Guy and put the winner on the village bonfire (Guy that is - not child!). So excited about this one, the playground will be filled (hopefully) with Guys for a week and then on judging day we'll sell bonfire toffee and toffee apples. 

Now I fancy trying to catch up on a bit more of my missing sleep, but first I've got to write a risk assessment for taking my students out to play footie tommorow morning. Then it's time to snooze and dream.

10 comments:

  1. A day off you say ... sounds like a full-on day to me! But 'a change is as good as a rest' :D Loving the colour contrast in that knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those wrist warmers. could have done with some on the school run this morning. There's a real difference in the temperature today!
    ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs B - I hope your little bun is ok now? There are some horrible lurgy things going around at the moment.

    take care and hopefully you will get some energy back soon. Almost the weekend.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! For a day off it sounds a very busy one. But productive.

    Love the colour of those wrist warmers. I am making some for my girls although they might be more arm warmers! Ooop got a bit carried away with the knitting needles.

    Hope your youngest is feeling much better.

    Hope you catch up on your sleep!


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You made me laugh this morning about putting the winner on the bonfire - it did sound as though you meant the child... ha ha!

    Love reading your blog, I am envious of your job. Would love to be a teacher.

    Have a great day.
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is heavenly ,i love the colours and those wrist warmers look cosy too ,could have done with those this morning on my morning walk it was bitterly cold x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though it was busy it sounds like a good day off! I am browsing blogs in my lunch break after helping a class of year 3's write Hindu Wedding invitations on computers. Believe me, my nerves are on a knife edge!
    This afternoon I have decimals with year 6 and place value with year 4 then assembly.
    I can't wait till I have a whole day off to myself so I can play wool. fabric and shops!
    xx
    Good luck with the footie by the way, I'll stick to juniors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, that sleep deprived feeling is not good and, being a teacher too, I totally get the acting to hide your tiredness thing.

    I hope your day off helped relieve you of your grogginess. Mustard and blue are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh what a lovely day..and such a pretty heather. Love your pot, doesn't it look so at home there..

    Admiring that lovely bed skirt, what a clever idea.

    Have a lovely cosy weekend. Very blustrey and thundery here. Can't wait to snuggle in.

    Hope Little Bun is well recovered now.Take care
    Stephxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your little one is on the mend. My two twenty-somethings are grown and flown but I well remember the days when everything came to a screeching halt because someone was poorly. Now, my health crises are usually veterinary in nature. Hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...