Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

This 'n' That


After generating tons of paperwork for the Ofsted inspection I'm now trying to build up a few more colourful piles of happy things for this Saturday's Pick 'n' Mix Makers Market in Holt.
As always there's loads in my head that I doubt I'll get round to starting or even finishing. I feel really calm and unstressed about everything so my body's decided to let me know it feels pretty stressed by seizing my neck up. I much prefer that to feeling like a manic headless chicken though.


To relax a bit I treated myself to a few hours at a fairisle knitting workshop last Saturday. In a couple of hours I reckon I cracked it, so now lots of practice for me and then I can have a go at all the fairisly things I fancy making. 

Sunday saw us whipping along to Holt to put up posters and a big hedge banner to let everyone know the fabulous makers will be rolling into town. Both Buns and Alfie Blue were with the grandparents so a quick half in the pub and then a mooch around a warren of rooms in the Emporium. The word emporium promises so much magic to me and thankfully we weren't disappointed.


I fell in love with this tin, but we'd drunk our pennies so didn't have enough left. Fingers crossed he'll be waiting for me on Saturday. I've been a tragic addict to tins since I was small and I can't see a cure coming.

I did have enough pennies for this wee fellow though, so it was a toss up between the kitsch kitten tray and him. Mr Bun's no help in deciding as he loves it all too.


The drive home was a bit hairy with thick fog all around. Nearly home and it started to disappear.
 

Right I'd better disappear too and get on with some makings. See you all properly for a visit once this manic weeks out of the way. 

15 comments:

  1. Hey hey hello!
    How i wish i could visit you at the pick 'n' mix makers market!...but it's a bit to far away ;-)

    I'm a tin-fan too, and normally i don't like Christmas tins a lot, because they are ugly...but this one is a pretty one!...hopefully it will be there waiting for you ...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for the Market Lisa, sure it'll be a huge success.

    I love that misty picture, very atmospheric indeed. The fog has finally lifted here but still grey skies. Secretly I've loved it, right weather at the right time of year is good by me!

    Do hope that Santa tin is still there for you, I'd have pawned my shoes for it I think!

    Take care and hope the neck eases up.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that old tin too can see why he tempted you.

    Good luck for your Market too! I am sure it will be fab. Pity I dont live nearer I would love to come along and support it.

    We have seen no fog here only a tiny bit of frost this morning! Glad you got back home safe and well.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the fair, Lisa. Do hope that fabulous tin is still waiting for you...
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another collector of tins. All my knitting and sewing notions and buttons and threads live in them so I always feel I can justify buying just one more.

    Good luck at the Pick 'n Mix Makers Market x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had the fog here too - not nice but what a lovely photo!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love that tin. What type of delish goodies are you going to put in there.............sweets, cakes, biscuits???

    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the fair goes well. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck and have fun at the fair. Loving that father christmas tin he is gorgeous hope hes waiting for you. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the marking is subsiding. Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like quite the lovely pile of yarny goodness! Hope your neck is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Bobo,

    I just wanted to say thanks for organising a lovely Market in Holt yesterday. (I forgot to thank you before I left with a bag full of goodies and a much lighter purse!).

    I can't begin to imagine the time and effort that must go into it all but I always appreciate your choice of stalls and thought yesterday's bunch were particularly good.

    Kathryn (the cherry brooch wearer).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds as if you are a busy bee? I loved your finds, and you never know -the tin may be there next time :)
    I know what you mean about the fog, here on the island, it just creeps up the road like something from a horror movie! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope it went really well lovely one x
    i love the colours of your wool ;0)
    and that tin- oh my such vintage loveliness xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have just found your lovely sweet blog, brilliant stuff, I have added you to my blog links! Enjoy the market :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...