Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Wednesday Treasure

Today I needed to blow the cobwebs away and get distracted by stuff so I headed off to a field full of potential car boot treasure. Yesterday my dad was rushed into hospital with pneumonia so it was a worrying day for us all. I was good for no one at work so I rushed to the hospital to be with my folks. Today we know he's stable and pumped full of medicine which should help clear up the infection. As he's in his 80's and already has chronic lung disease he's doing amazingly well.

Today cleared my head in lots of ways. Something just right about looking for treasure and bumping into good people I've not seen for a while.


This Battle of the Flowers brooch was a bit pricy, but how could I resist a wee gnome pushing his wheelbarrow. I've a friend with a wee baby boy who I know will ooh and aahh over this too.

I spied yet another dog with a mournful face and so into my bag he went aswell. 


Last bit of fabulous treasure I found was a pile of fabric samples from a company called Rosebank. They were all sewn together so I've unstitched them and laid out my favourites to ponder over. Perhaps they might become small lavenderbags as I bought a pile of dried lavender too.


Before I head off to help the Bun's finish stuffing the Penny for the Guy I want to show you something I actually finished on Monday. I started making this pink elephant in March for Eldest, so it's been a hell of long time in the making. I made all the bits and then just couldn't be bothered stitching them all together as I'd already got distracted by too many other things.


That's me at the moment. I hop from one thing to the other, not doing any really as well as I'd like. I guess I've taken on a bit too much and then struggle to get the balance right of family, sleep, work, fun and all that. I find time to write a blog post, but never seem to have time to visit all the blogs I love to read. I'm sorry if I seem rude as I always mean to come by, especially when people have bothered to stop by and say hello to me. Tonight's joys are filling in teaching paperwork, planning tommorow's lessons, writing the PTFA agenda for tommorow nights meeting and all I want to do is drink wine and knit. Wonder if I'll say sod it and just do what I want instead of what I should be doing. By the way I'm not moaning or saying poor old me, just trying to explain my lack of visits lately. Hope to see you soon.

24 comments:

  1. Ahhh time alludes us all sometimes. What a great elephant I think you should say sod the work and knit as you create some fantastic things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dogs and sending waves of positiveness to your dad.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and the family and sending big hugs. Please keep some for yourself, cos I suspect that even though you would love to 'sod it' you won't and yet again everything else will take priority...perhaps tomorrow night!
    Love the elephant and you are certainly not the only one who flits about and doesn't finish everything. I have a pile of things like that too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is our best friend and our worst enemy in that order most of the time! I think you do well you certainly have a lot on your plate. Hope your dad is on the mend as soon as possible. Sending you a big wine filled hug it sounds as if you need one of those special ones!

    Love love that ellie. How gorgeous it dosent matter how long she has taken to create she is perfect now!

    You found some brilliant things today I love that brooch and those fabrics were a real find.

    Hope you get a bit of time to do the things that you love.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your Dad recovers very soon.
    Your pink elephant is so sweet,I have two little knitted elephants I bought from a WI sale,and every time I see them,sitting on my bedroom chair,they make me
    smile :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your dad is better soon. Love the pink elephant especially the fabric ears!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fabric finds!
    I know what you mean about trying to get your life balance right, it's not always easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your dad i hope he makes a quick and full recovery real soon. I love the little pig how cute is he ;-) And those vintage fabrics wow what a great find. Life is a juggling act at times but you just have to go with the flow and not worry about the things that really do not matter. Blogland will always be here. take lots of care, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing your Dad a speedy recovery, it is very worrying when our elderly parents are ill.
    Taking yourself off to car boot sales seems like a wonderful thing to do and you were rewarded with finding treasures. The fabric is wonderful, I would have been quite giddy with excitement if I had found it.
    The elephant is very cute, I love the ears especially.
    You have a busy life so don't worry too much about not visiting blogs and leaving comments. Time is precious and family comes first.
    Thinking of you,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your Dad is feeling better now that he is getting the right medicine..and lots of TLC from you and the family. My tiny little sliver of silver lining from having my Dad ill is that I have loads of time to crochet at hospital appointments! Love your elephant :)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lisa - so sorry to hear about your Dad. You have a lot on your plate and I know how frustrating it is when you have things to do that take you away from what you really want to do!!I hope you find some wine and knit time v soon. x Gabs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm opting for a glass of wine and my knitting :0)
    Life gets very hectic at times and I am a bit like you with getting bored finishing off projects, but when you do manage to finish them it's always a delight to see the end result ... which leads me on to say how adorable your knitted elly is, I love her and her vintage fabric ears are heavenly.

    I'm trying to get rid of things at the moment so I am on a strict spending diet and am having to hold back and be very discerning about what I purchase as I fear our home will turn into a collectors paradise soon! I do however would never have been able to resist those stunning fabrics. I think lavender bags would be perfect, maybe with a crochet border ? xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps. sorry I meant to say hope your Dad is well on the mend and back home soon xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your Dad is OK.Hadn't he had a pneumonia jab alongside his flu jab.Here in Wales you are offered the pneumonia jab with your flu jab.I know just how you feel at the moment.I am a retired teacher but when I was working,full time,I was here there and everywhere.I don't like to tell you but it gets worse when they are teenagers and doing different things in different locations every night and it just gets later and later in the evening but I did love it all!!.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Lisa, I guess that friend is me and yes I love the brooch - had my name on it but as leaving the house before midday is impossible I guess not! love to you and your dad - hope he recovers soon xx hope you got my message about the 12th looks like im possibly doing a little vintage stall in beccles to make some cash and have a clear out - hope to catch up soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope your lovely Dad is much better very soon. Knitting is far more important than paperwork. I love everything you make - you are a very inspiring lady but I suspect you are working too hard. Karen X

    ReplyDelete
  17. That little elephant is too adorable!
    Love his ears. All good wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love visiting your blog and sometimes i fail in the commenting as i try to get round everyone, you have such an inspiring blog and all the wonderful colours and thrifted finds- love it ;0)...wish i could get to my car boots but i dont drive and they're always in a field miles away hehe ;0)x love the fabric x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you Dad is on the mend and back home very soon xx

    Such a cute elephant - definately worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya, I hope that you Dad gets better very very soon. I work on a respiratory ward on Sunday's and you would be amazed at how well some people do after being very very ill so I hope your Dad leaps back to health again, he sounds like he is doing very well. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Real life keeps us busy. Hope your Dad is soon on the mend. Your finds are lovely, the fabric is gorgeous and your knitted elephant is so cute, well done!
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lisa - I'm thinking of your dad and you guys. I do hope he will be OK. This time of year is rubbish for all those nasty little bugs that knock you sideways if you're feeling a bit run down.

    take care and big hugs,

    {great treasure by the way}

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello :)
    wishing your lovely dad better soon, I'm thinking of you x
    lovely fabrics and little ellie
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope your dad gets better soon!!

    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...