Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Just Before we start the next One

I'd planned this post for the 1st. Bad blogger wouldn't be help me upload my pics so in the true spirit of proper laziness I gave up. 

Before I get going on the excitement of a whole brand new year laid out with plans and ideas I wanted to capture some of the best bits of 2011.

Starting right back in January and February when we were having what felt like the 100th snowfall of the winter. I needed tons of colour, cosy treats and naughty indulgences.


In March and April everything starts getting more exciting. Flowers are sneaking through the ground, Little Bun's birthday and Easter egg hunts fill my head with ideas and plans a plenty.


By May we had lots more glorious sun-filled days. the washing was snapping on the line, doors were flung open and the first warm beach trips began. The end of summer is marked by Eldest Bun's birthday and a whole new season to get ready for.


Summer stayed for a lovely long while this year and we had a slow steam into autumn. It meant lots more days for walks and lazy picnics while we ate crumbles and got the winter drinks sorted.


Suddenly it was darker and colder. The woodburner was blazing and christmas excitement started bubbling away.


Now I have two very loud and screechy girls here ready to get on with the new year. I think they'd rather have  a few more days at home doing what they want, but I'm ready for a bit of whatever I want to do time so back to school they go. I hate the end of things, but the start of new ones is pretty good.

Happy New Year to you all.

23 comments:

  1. A start of new things can be pretty indead! wish you and your family all the best things and good health for 2012.
    Your 2011 pics are so so soooo nice, if this year will be half that pretty, it's ok!

    Lots of hugs, big kiss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just what i needed on this rather grey day - lovely photography- such beautiful colour throughout the year ;0) happy new year- let it be just a colourful and happy for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Mrs. Bun

    Beautifully captured memories of 2011. I am looking forward to getting back to some form of routine too and planning for things we'd like to do this year. A very happy and healthy good 2012 to you and your Mr. Bun and wee Buns xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. A feast for the eyes! Happy new year to you!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colourful post...what a lot you have achieved in a year... it all looks so good together doesn't it! New beginnings are indeed good... have fun! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a very colourful year love the mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! How lovely to have a review of the year here. I remember so many of those photo's and remember how uplifting I found them when you first blogged them. I feel like I've fallen head over heels for Bobo Bun again! In particular that nifty little skirt you made a while back.

    I'm looking forward to another year of more delights from you.

    It's been bucketing down here so it was lovely to get back from a pretty grim school run (my push chair broke :o() to warm up with a cuppa and this colour blast before I launch into the next testing thing in the schedule. Kids tea. Please lord make them eat the food I present them with rather than moaning and scattering it on the floor!


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year too you!

    Wow what a lovely fun filled colourful year you have had.

    I know what you mean about things ending. I always hate the slow getting back to routine, but need it somehow. And then start looking forward to the New Year.

    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a couple of loud screechy girls here too, usually they are a lot quieter! So much colour in one blog post, it's like an Aladdin's Cave. Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful images, colourful and uplifting, you've had a very productive year. The Munchkin doesn't go back to school until the 10th (aarrgghh!) but yes, I too am looking forward to it!! Happy New year.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your 2011 pictures are lovely to look back on ~ I hope you and your family have a very Happy and Healthy New Year. We don't go back to school until the 10th here which is nice as there are still a few lazy days left ~ although I am looking forward to getting some time to myself too :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photographs, thanks for sharing. X.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oohing and ahhing!
    Lush colours
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh I really. really loved this post. I can't believe its a year since the tatoo though!

    One day I shall figure out how the heck to do a mosaic. Until then, wishing you and the Buns a marvellous, colour-filled 2012.

    Looking forward to keeping up with all you're up to in lovley Norfolk.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos. Happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous collages, what a colourful year.
    Happy New year to you and all the Buns.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a colourful year you had! All the best for 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful collages - have just taught myself how to make them on picassa - its quite satisfying .Happy new year to you and your family and good luck with the extra days teaching x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely colourful round up, nice to have a reminder of the year that's just gone. Here's to the next one, let it be even more creative! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely colourful warm post so many lovely moments captured there. I love the way you have grouped the photo's together i wouldn't have a clue how to do that. Happy new year, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your mosaics, happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year. Great montage. Do you mind if i ask what software/site you used? i'm not liking the ones i've used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...