Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Four Years Old Again

Four years ago, 2nd January 2009 to be precise, I started writing this blog. I hadn't read that many blogs before I jumped in. PosyFabric of My Life, Vintage, Pretty and Shabby and Vintage Heaven were the ones that I read and felt inspired by. For a while they were just an enjoyable read, then I realised that I wanted to join in too. I spoke to Donna on the phone when I cocked up a fabric order and told her about my plans to blog. She looked out for my first post and kindly left my first comment, I was thrilled.

I chose the 2nd of January to jump in as I was feeling incredibly blue that day. Life was tough for so many reasons at that point. I wanted to write and lose myself somewhere that I could edit life as I saw fit. I also wanted to keep a record of all the good in our lives.

Now at the beginning of each new year I have a catalogue of photo's to look back over so I can traipse along memory lane. I've arranged them into seasons of sorts this year as a record of the Bun's, events and makes. My darling man chooses to make no appearance here, so don't think I'm leaving him out. In fact it's not easy as he's in most of the photos we have and is incredibly photogenic whereas I look bloody awful in most.

Winter's End January 2012

Over the years my blog has grown and changed as I've learnt more. I'm really pleased overall with what it's become, but there's still so much more I want to do with it. I want to improve my photographic skills (that means a new camera for me on the wishlist) and I've plans afoot to learn more about design.

Spring 2012

I love how blogging lets me look back over time and see what I've learnt and achieved. I realised as I put these collages together that I've been doing a fair bit of dressmaking this year. I stopped for a while and I'm so glad I'm back doing it again. From making dollies clothes as a child to knocking up outfits for clubbing out of old sheets I've always loved re-working and making an outfit. A favourite of mine was the puffball skirt I made to wear with a sensational black 1950's jacket when I was 18. I had hopes that my girls would enjoy fashion where they played with style rather than wore what everyone else did. Thankfully they do and it seems if I can make it they'll wear it. Now I'm trying to teach them so they'll be able to make their own outfits.

Early to Mid Summer 2012

Something I didn't realise when I started blogging was that I would connect with so many different wonderful people from all over the world. I've been amazed at what a small and supportive community this creative one is. I love how I can chat with people who get many of the things that make me tick because it's what they're about too.  So many of the people who write my favourite blogs are people I'd love to meet one day as I'm sure we'd get on just fine and dandy. I've met lots of lovely people who read my blog when I've been selling my wares which has been great too. 

I set up the Pick 'n' Mix Makers Market four years ago as a result of blogging. It was a dream of mine to create the kind of creative market that I'd actually want to go to. Through blogging I met an amazing amount of talented people who believed in me enough to take part. Blogging meant I could reach a lot of people to let them know about it too. Dad's death this year, just before the Spring Market, meant I had to cancel it. I've not got my vavoom back since for market organising this year. We'll have to wait and see what happens with that one.
Late Summer to Autumn 2012

When I started blogging I joined in with a few swaps which I really enjoyed. I stopped taking part because I was doing too many other things. I've held a few giveaways on here, more recently I started a Craft it Forward to share the making love around, but I've never hosted a swap. This might be a good thing, but I do really fancy hosting a Bobo Bun swap party to celebrate my four years of blogging.

Years End - Winter 2012

So to talk this idea through. I've named it the Four Happy Things Swap which means each swappee will swap four things that make them happy. Ideally one should be handmade, one thing in a favouite colour, one a vintage, retro or kitsch thingamebob and lastly one a thing from childhood (sweeties or small toy an idea). I'll be joining in too by the way if you don't mind.


If you fancy taking part please let me know by the 27th January, ideally on this post. Then I'll partner people up and get back to each of you to let you know your swappee pal (please make sure you leave an email address in case I can't get in touch through your blog). 

It would be great if the swapping could get going by the end of February, but no pressure for that as once you're paired up you can sort out something to suit yourselves. Please also state if you're only able to post in the UK or if you're willing to post Worldwide so I can match the right people up. 

I'll leave the button above on my side bar so if you fancy spreading the word and pasting it onto your blog you can do so. 

Right that's enough chat for now. See you soon. Happy Swapping. 

57 comments:

  1. OOh am i the first?
    ... yes thats a lovely idea!
    I think i can manage that?
    post anywhere too...
    and will put something on my side bar soonest asap,
    bestest Daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to join in to help celebrate your inspiring forth year!! UK postage please and will add a link soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...that's got me thinking.......count the squirrel in please and I'm happy to post worldwide......such a lovely idea to celebrate your birthday and to get us all creative for the new year!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Bloggy Birthday! Such a lovely lot of vibrant colour in these photos. .. the swap sounds great fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Bloggy Birthday! Such a lovely lot of vibrant colour in these photos. .. the swap sounds great fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you were busy last year!
    I would love to participate in your gorgeous swap, I am in Tasmania, Australia though so understand if it doesn't work out! I'm happy to post O/S though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to be involved please....
    A lovely idea hun.

    I've been away from blogging for a while and it is really spooky but I've just written a post similar to yours to say about my time since I started blogging..how srange!

    My email address is karen@tilly-rose.co.uk

    I'd rather keep to the Uk if possible.
    Can't wait to see who will be my partner!

    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you know Lisa I've loved your blog and have been there (in the background for the first few years), I think almost for the whole 4 years! You know too, that you were one of the inspirations for me starting my own little blog! Happy 4th Blogaversary!
    I would love to join in, love a good swap! My brain is already throwing up the ideas!
    Lovely photos of the year, don't they look just great all together! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like so much fun. I am in Australia, and am willing to post anywhere,
    Thanks Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to join in please, and big congratulations on your fourth year ... Wow!

    Would prefer Uk please but would post overseas if not enough people to go around!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post Lisa.
    yours was one of the first blogs I discovered and I haven't stopped reading since. you were also my inspiration to start blogging so for that I thank you.
    Good luck with the swap, I would love to take part but have so many things on the go at the moment so I think I will have to give it a miss.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I am celebrating 2 years in blogland on the 13th Jan and yours was one of the blogs that inspired me to give it a go.

    I would love to join in the swap please!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to Helen at Moonstruckcreations I have found your blog and I love the idea of this swap!

    Please may I take part too!!

    Mel
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog, Happy Birthday!
    I would love to be part of the swap, however I do live in Canada so only if there is someone who would like to mail overseas.
    Mrs Murfin
    www.mrsmurfinscountrylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogging Birthday ... I love reading your blog and catching up with your life and crafts ... please may I be part of the swap ... would like to keep to uk postage if that's okay ... Bee xx

    PS Of course you should join in lovely ... it was your great idea after all :) ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Lisa
    I have just discovered your blog via Vintage Sheet Addict's blog and would like to say congratulations on your anniversary. I would love to be included in the blog swap (I have taken part in a couple and think they are a great idea) and I am happy to post world wide.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Lisa,
    I'm just a baby, only 2 months old, and a bit of a cyber numpty but I would love to join your UK gang.I hope my blog will be as good as yours when I grow up to be 4 years old. Could I be cheeky and ask you to read it? Would welcome some advice from a big girl like you.
    Eco Ethel xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to join your swap. I think your posts are great and I've really enjoyed being a part of your blog world. I just started this year and have learned so much for all you veteran bloggers. I will post anywhere. Can't wait to see who I'm partnered with.

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lisa

    I love your blog and would love to join your swap. Would prefer to post in UK but happy to do worldwide if it makes things easier for you.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your 4 ears, Lisa, my own FIRST is coming up soon! Yes, I've been reading you for quite a while now, love your stories and photos full of colour. I won't be joining the swap, but will be interested to hear how it all pans out. Happy New Year to you! Lx.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes please, that sounds like loads of fun, UK only please, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how sad would the blogging world be without your delights Lisa. Here's to a wonderful more year of your beautiful posts and YES please count me in to your swapsie. So exciting. I am happy to post anywhere xox Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can I join in please.I don't mind posting anywhere.I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooo, I'd like to join in please! Would prefer UK only, but will post elsewhere if there's not enough volunteers! Happy new year to you!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Here's to the next 4 Lisa! Please count me in it sounds like good fun. Yes, I'll post anywhere.
    Happy New Year to you all
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a feast of colour it is over on your blog. Love it, and well done for four year bloggiversary. Love the idea of your swap. I won't join this time as am not committing to anything with impending reno but very keen to watch on and see it unfold. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi I'm here via Moonstruck Creations and would love to join in please... although me sending an item from my childhood might make that an antique! ;-) Would prefer UK only please but would post internationally if you get left with an odd foreigner!

    Am following your blog and have popped the button/pic on my blog too - looking forward to having a good old browse around your posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. An explosion of colour and inspiration. I have been following your blog for a couple of years now but have never commented. I just wanted to wish your blog a very happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi I just found your lovely Blog, I love how in Blogging you can look back.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on four years of blogging Mrs B. I remember we started around the same time - me a fortnight after you - and it surely has been a wonderful roller coaster of a thing we both jumped onto...who'd of thought.

    What a lovely swap idea. I gave up on the creative side ages ago, but I'm sure it will be a great success.

    Take care and big hugs - here's to many more years of blogging.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Lisa
    Happy blogging birthday to you!
    We've been blogging about the same length of time, you and I. Lots of jolly blogs have appeared over the four years, which makes it all so much fun.
    I've not done a swap for ages, and would love to join in!
    Wishing you happy days ahead,
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello,Lisa!Your swap sounds like a great idea and I would love to join in!
    I do follow your blog but not 'officially ... just enjoy it so much.
    I would certainly be willing to post world wide.
    I can leave my e-mail where and when you need it.
    Happy New Year! It is going to be a great one!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  33. Grrreat idea Lisa! please count me in for your swap. Worldwide and off world will be fine with me :-) I'm already a follower and have been for awhile now.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. swap pic and link added to my blog if thats ok?

      A

      Delete
  34. I would love to be in the swap, I'm in New Zealand and don't mind posting overseas.We all rush to the letterbox each day to see if any of the books and DVD's we have ordered have arrived yet, Barry (husband) is winning at the moment, he received the Hanney series starring Robert Powell today, Tom and I are waiting for books from The Book Depository, so I don't mind sending a parcel back to the UK, as some sorta karma repayment for all those that have come and are yet to come our way.I'm not a follower, not very good at those technical things, but have my own blog.Happy New Year from the beautiful summer we are having, 31c tomorrow, yikes that' evens too hot for me. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Lisa, I'd love to join in please! Happy to post anywhere. You can contact me through my blog but in case you need it my email is rainbowvintagehome@googlemail.com
    Congratulations on 4 years! My first blog birthday is coming up at the end of this month, so glad I started blogging I love having a space to put all the things that used to spin round in my head. I love all your photos they are so beautiful and colourful. A belated Happy New Year to you! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations on your 4th blogaversary. I'd love to join in, I've done Giveaways but never participated in a swap before. I'm happy to post anywhere.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would love to join in, please.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on your 4th blog birthday and Happy Nwe Year! This would be my first swap, but I'd really love to take part please. I would prefer UK postage only.
    Pea :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Right I'm jumping in, being a fairly new crafter I pity the poor person who will receive my handmade object, however I would be happy to post anywhere in the world. Congrats on your 4th year.
    Joanne.x @awholeplotoflove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. It seems we started blogging just a week or two apart - started at the end of december 2008, and like you absolutely loved the inspiration I found from the blogs you listed - such a shame two of them are not blogging any more. I also absolutely loved the Kitschen Pink blog, although that seems very quiet too.
    Your blog is now one of my favourites and I am always so pleased to see a new post, sorry that I don't comment often enough but I just thought I'd let you know :)
    I won't join in the swap - wonderful as it sounds as I am far too unorganised at the moment!
    Happy blog birthday Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would love to join!!!!!!!!!


    Little Bun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello & Happy Birthday!
    I've just discovered your lovely blog, it's fab :)
    I'd love to take part in your little swap & I'd be happy to ship worldwide.
    Have a lovely Sunday!
    Nathalie x

    ReplyDelete
  44. I just saw a link to your blog from Vintage Sheet Addict and I really love it. So beautiful. I would love to join in to the swap if possible. I haven't done one before but it looks like so much fun. So pretty please, can I play too!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Lisa
    Can I join the party too please? Happy to post anywhere, sounds v exciting! what a lovely idea you sweet girl
    Joey BK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered who that was calling me a sweet girl. Thought they don't know me, but ha you do and very well.
      X

      Delete
    2. Hi Lisa,

      At last life has calmed down enough to get some crafting and blogging done again! I would love to get back into the swing of things by joining in with your swap. Glad to see you are still making wonderful vibrant things :-) Linda x lindae29@hotmail.com

      Delete
  46. Hi

    Congratulations on your blogiversary!I would love to participate in the swap. I am happy to post internationally. (I am in the USA) You can contact me at softiesplace@wordpress.com or softiesplace@yahoo.com.
    Looking forward to following the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hello - love your blog and particularly that dress you have been making! I'd love to join the swop. I'm at www.ethangiraffe.blogspot.com or email me at cathboutwood@blueyonder.co.uk
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hello - Happy Birthday! Can I join the swap, I'm happy to post anywhere. My email is belconnen2617@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi there - a new follower. I would love to take part in the swap - I am in New Zealand and will post worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hello, I signed up for the swap but I forgot to let you know that I can post worldwide.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  51. ooh count in me in too! I'm always up for a crafty swap! Im a new follower too..just found you via a badge linkything on Vintage Vicki's blog! My email is littledottybird @ hotmail.co.uk . I'm happy to post worldwide. xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. p.s. meant to say, happy to swap UK or worldwide, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  53. May I join in the swap too? I'm quite new to blogging but have been following yours for some time. I'm happy to post anywhere. Mrs RV x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi, am i too late to join the swap? My email is sam@barbapapa.plus.com x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...