Pages

Monday 6 April 2009

Celebrations and Holidays


It has been very busy here in the Bun household for the last few days. Our Easter tree is ready and waiting for the Easter Bunny. I cut some branches from our cherry tree, pussy willow and something else that I don't know the name of, then the buns set to work. I think they've made it look fantastic. Small creatures have been pulled out of boxes and drawers and assembled around the bottom of the tree. Even more have been added since this photo was taken.



On the last school morning there was an Easter Bonnet parade, so we had to quickly make bonnets. We've never had one of these before so it was a lovely start to the day. Apparently they had egg hunts and games for the rest of the day, so much better than my day with the bank.

Saturday was a dance around the kitchen in sheer joy and delight day. After months of watching pennies and trying to make them stretch further than was physically possible we discovered we had overpaid our tax last year by a rather large amount. The cheque finally arrived on Saturday morning to whoops of delight. The rest of the day was spent in party preparations for little bun. I tidied the garden and refused to let the hens out to undo all my hardwork. Then I baked and baked while the buns got busy making up small packets of sunflower seeds and cress.



Next up for the party preparations was to finish off the brooches and hair-ties.


I wrapped them with a packet of sweets in tissue paper and labelled them for each party guest. As it has been so chaotic I forgot to take a picture (which is the case with most of the things I wanted to show you on here).

On Sunday, the day of the birthday party, the weather was glorious, so little bun and her friends wanted to play outside most of the time. If you look closely you can just see a small black face poking out at bottom of the picture and very obviously a lot of washing I forgot to bring in.



The girls only dipped in for quick bursts of pass-the-parcel, musical statues and guess what's on the tray before running out to enjoy the weather again. Then it was time for food before more playing.




Eldest bun decorated the birthday cake in early easter style in honour of a little sister who was born on Easter weekend.



They all had a marvellous time and we've decided home parties are the best. Eldest bun has already chosen an Alice in Wonderland tea party for her ninth birthday, with croquet on the lawn. So I know what I will be looking for at the car boot and auctions now.

The next morning, rather than flop about and relax on the first day of the holidays, we were off to the beach to meet friends for a picnic. It didn't take them all long to take off their shoes and socks to have a paddle. It wasn't that warm though, do the coats give it awayat all?




By the time we were ready to leave their trousers were completely soaked. Surprisingly I didn't have a change of clothes, so they had to strip off and snuggle under my coat and cardigan for the journey home. When we got back it was straight into the bath for them and then time to open the bubbly as today was our wedding anniversary.

So much is planned for these next two weeks, mainly to enjoy our time together. Tommorow eldest bun is off to a museum with a friend from her new school while I try to finish everything off so I can set up my pitch on Wednesday. So it will be back to the coast again on Wednesday for vintage goodies without the soggy, sandy children.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter whatever your plans are. X

6 comments:

  1. That looked like such a fab party!!

    My word verification is 'Quack'!!!!
    How appropriate this time of year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hunni

    I agree, home parties are definately the best and yours looked fab.
    I've never fallen into the trap of competing with other parents to see who can do the biggest and best party. The children (mine and guests) have always had a great time and I intend to keep it that way.
    Your Easter tree looks lovely, well done to the little Buns.
    Have a great half term.
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday 'little bun' and Happy anniversary!! Looks like fun was had at the party.

    Phew your weekend sounded full on, but very enjoyable and memorable.

    I agree the sea air is definitely a good sleeping potion, it's just all that sand you end up bringing back from the beach that you find in the oddest of places for weeks!

    Love your easter tree, very festive!

    Have a lovely day,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the funds have arrived at last. Now for the fun, eh? Your Easter tree looks lovely - a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
    Can't believe I haven't come across your!

    Looking forward to the Free Style Swap!!

    love Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. And yes please - do add a link about the swap!!

    Love Sam (Again!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...