Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2009

Setting Up Shop


These little poppets hatched in the night. I stayed up quite late to settle them in, but I needn't have worried as Hilda Hen stayed close by to keep an eye on them all. They are actually quite a rowdy bunch and are now ready and waiting on my stall for any little hands that want to give them a cuddle.

This morning I put all the finishing touches to my makes and labelled up the new to me vintage china and homeware. After lunch we packed the car and then off we went to Southwold to set up shop. Mr Bun had taken the day off so I had three extra pairs of hands for carrying. While I made my space look pretty, they ran off to eat icecreams and do a bit of rolling down hills on the green. I'm very pleased with the results.

There are about ten of us in this lovely old school gym. The walls still have the wooden climbing bars and then the space is divided up into sections as it's also used for art exhibitions. I only had a quick look round once I'd finished as I had a hungry hoard ready for chips and chocolate. So I took two quick pictures of other stalls.
This is Sarah's who makes gorgeous lampshades from vintage fabrics. She is organising a vintage and retro makers fair in Woodbridge in the summer. I'll post more details nearer the time as Woodbridge is certainly worth a visit.

This stall really tempted the buns and I. There are some fabulous kitsch poodles at the back and lots of other goodies.


Anyway I'll be back on Saturday to take my turn with the selling as it's all shared. I always feel guilty doing so little as they happen in the holidays and I have the buns with me who would last five minutes playing shop. Then I might do just a little bit of buying and also bring down everything I forgot today.

4 comments:

  1. You stall looked lovely, I hope it went well for you? Love the bunting too - did you make it? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stall looks lovely and I love your little chicks!

    Hope you have a lovely 'successful' time and the sun shines - that always helps.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh it all looks so lovely, I wish I were nearer. I hope you sell loads Mrs Bun. Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I've just discovered your blog, it's all fabulous so I've just settled down with a mug of tea and choccy digestives to read some more!
    I hope you don't think I'm cheeky but I was wondering what sort of table you used for your stall/where it's from as I'm having a stall at a fete but only currently have a pasting table so need to find one!
    Your stall looks gorgeous - you have some lovely things.

    Louise
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...