Pages

Saturday 18 April 2009

Mish Mash

After a whirlwind of a lovely Easter school holiday, it's nearly over. Just one more day to go and then back to normal. More time for me and for working, but less cuddles and time with the Bun's. Blogging and crafting have definately been impossible as I fall into an exhausted heap at the end of each day. So here's a mish mash of our last week.

When we visited the grandparents we picked these gorgeous daffodils, grape hyacinths and forget-me-nots in their garden. Each day has been sunshine perfect just like these.



While we were there I remembered to take a picture of the tray cloth I had made for my mum for mother's day.



As we've had such warm sunshiney weather this week we went to buy the Bun's some springtime shoes. We went to a fantastic shoe shop called Lollipop. Eldest bun chose pink converse trainers and is very proud of them, little bun has some sparkly shoes which she loves. Everytime we visit this shop we wish this lollipop was real, very Willy Wonkerish.





Moving on to the middle of the week we went to a smaller version of the county show for kids called Spring Fling. There was a huge red Massey Ferguson tractor in the middle of the main shed, but this little pea car got our vote. At 6ft 1" I don't think I'd fit in it, but I can dream. It's my favourite shade of apple green.




The Bun's held pigeons and rats, saw sheep being sheared in a hilarious show called the Sheep Show compered by a New Zealander and bumped into lots of their friends. When we went to visit the cockerels who were making a hullabaloo we saw this corker. Two of our ladies are Light Sussex and I thought they might go a bit weak at the knees if they saw this handsome chappie. So I'll print this off as a pin-up for the henhouse.




Today we fancied visiting a different type of animal. Thankfully one that is fibreglass and a bit of paint.


We haven't been to the Dinosaur Park for a couple of years now and had forgotten what a great place it is. It's set in woodland, we love the walk winding down to a large open area where there is a farm set in a ancient walled garden. Running down paths you never know quite what you'll bump into next.







But the best and most miraculous part of our day was at the farm. We visited all the animals one by one. When we got to the sheep we saw a mother suckling her newborn and about to have her other lamb. We all stood there speechless watching with delight as this little one finally pushed themselves out and she set about cleaning it up.




Within about ten minutes this lamb was up and about on wobbly legs and trying to get some milk. I have seen lambs being born before and bottle fed them when I was a child, but nothing compared to this today. It was pure chance that we happened to be there for our girls to see something this wonderful. It has been elected as the best part of the day and now means I won't be asked anymore exactly how does the baby come out of the mummy. Before leaving little bun asked us to go back through the woods and down the hill to see how the lamb was getting on. We returned to find them all fluffy and a very content little trio. A perfect end to an Easter holiday.






Just remembered I've been meaning to add this gorgeous award from Beki and I didn't want her to think I was being rude by taking so long. I've already said a big thankyou to Beki so that bits been covered. I know I'm meant to pass on to seven others, but I find this bit hard as I really love reading all the blogs I list and more that I forget to list. So all please take a piece of this little girls hug to your blog.


8 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovey Easter break and the sun as well, oh my you were spoilt!

    In a weird kind of way I'm looking forward to the routine starting again, but no more lie in's 'oh well'
    I can't have it all!

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What graet hols you've had!
    I love the dinosaur park, we went there last year (I presume it's the same one) and had a brilliant time, will definately go back.
    What a great experience for the little Buns to see a baby lamb being born and Spring fling sounds great.
    Enjoy the last day of half term!
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter holiday sounds as busy as ours! Like the sound of the Dinosaur Park, my 2 would definately like that. I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to getting back to routine or not..think the anticipation is worse......

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sight those lambs must have been! That rooster is fabulous too. We've just purchased our first chicks on Thursday. Check out my blog to see their pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun was had by all. Love the embroidery it looks great. I have that book and its great . I love the pea car .
    How great to see the lambs being born too, good timing !.
    ps I know what you mean about photos. I dont like having my pic taken. I always have eyes shut or look horrid!. As my daughter points out bingo wings! and my son tweaks my chin!Little rotters!
    take care x Dom

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely holiday, the dinos are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet post, enjoyed it very much :o)
    x
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting for you and your family to witness a miracle of birth, so kewl!!!!
    We have a few more days left before our lazy days are over so i plan to make the most of them.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...