Pages

Thursday 16 July 2009

Winding Down


Whilst I feel thrilled at the thought of seven weeks with the Buns I also feel a bit overwhelmed at how long the holidays are. I'm sure it's because I was an only child that I love being on my own so much. I find it really hard to have to share so much of my time, but at the same time I want to be with my beautiful girls. Just need a bit of a balance. As usual we've had to plan eldest buns party before the end of term so we can get the invites out. Her birthday is the 1st September and so it is a chance for them to all get together before life becomes a routine once more. Mr Bun drew the invites once he had been given the instructions. Then we all got colouring. This year we're aiming for an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party (with some nail painting thrown in too please mummy).


On Wednesday I went to my last car boot on my own for a while. Next week two Bun's will be with me searching for Whimsies (how I wish I'd kept all of mine). Sadly it wasn't a great one this week. I got some more coloured crochet hooks which I was pleased about. This glass pot and the funny little gnome below were rescued from a stall where the man was just chucking everything in a box and smashing it up. Bad day or had enough of car boots I didn't ask, just paid and moved on.

I also found these floral pictures, which cleaned up will look pretty on my stall at Heydon on the 2nd August. I also bought the fattest, juiciest raspberries that a lady had picked that morning. They've all been eaten along with the chocolate cake I made for the buns and their friends tea.


Last minute card making and flower picking followed tea last night. I hadn't given much thought to teachers gifts so I thought posies from the garden would be lovely. One year I made a beautful pencil roll for the girls teacher and embroidered the initials on too. I never received so much as a thankyou, so last minute quick gifts from now on.




I thought they looked beautiful all together in the vase last night.



Bundled up in their wet paper and tissue rolls to be handed out this morning. And - joy just one more morning of get dressed, brush your hair, brush your teeth - SHOES ON WE'RE LATE AGAIN stress. Soon we will be taking life in our stride without places to have to be. But to let you in on a secret, by the end I'm needing that routine again.

I also wanted to say a big thankyou to all of you who stop by and read my blog and those of you who leave such lovely comments. I try to comment back to you or email, but generally life is mad and I forget who I spoke to and didn't. That's not to say it isn't all appreciated because it is. I love the creativity of writing my blog, but it definately needs readers to give it a point. Through it I've met more like minded women and made a few friends too. How glad I am that I jumped in.

9 comments:

  1. I was also an only child so I can totally relate to how you feel.
    Guess what? I'm also having a Alice in Wonderland tea party for my birthday (not utill November but Jess and I are already planning it lol), great minds eh?
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be delighted if I received such a pretty posy! I have to say that I quite enjoy being home alone too!! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all mums know how you feel, facing many weeks of holiday. There are good and bad things about it but we'll probably be a tad relieved when September arrives! Know how you feel too, about the teachers' gifts, it's difficult to know what they will appreciate. I once knew somebody whose mum was a primary school teacher and she said she received so much tat (but I'm sure she'd have treasured your lovely pencil roll); she said she wished they'd just give her a bottle of wine!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, great minds think alike- Lily is having an Alice party too! Did we all see something in blog land me thinks??? her's is end of August and I just wasn't organised enough to arrange party - so will have to do it next term. Everything you said about school hols I can really relate to. I love my 3 girls, but the thought of 7 weeks with them, although is a gift, it is a generally terrifying. I have my calender riddled with 'away days' - here's hoping for good weather.
    Wow, long post - sorry.

    Fleur
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Whimsies" that's what they are called...I've been racking my brains for the name ! I knew it began with a "W" but couldn't think of the name...we've just re-discovered a whole collection found in a trunk in the house ...the mini hook and scumblers were thrilled with their find and are off to find more !

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the invite! Clever Mr. Bun. If nail painting is on the menu for the party, I imagine all your invites will be flocking to the party!
    Once you get into the stride of sharing your time with your girls, it will be great fun, and then you'll miss them once they go back to school!
    Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your eldest Bun - have a super fab time...

    ...and have a lovely weekend,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey honey! It's the holidays RaraRA! Being the parent of an only child I think maybe it's easier when you're not outnumbered?! On the upside we get to have longer days out together with no school run to stop the fun!! Wahey! t.xx (loving the flowers - all of them!)(maybe the pencil roll teacher thanked the girls?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to feel the way you do, but now my two oldest are always either working or away in holiday time, and even the youngest is going away for a week - and I'm feeling quite miserable about it! It all goes so fast and suddenly you're on your own again. I've just blogged about teacher's presents, too - it's lovely seeing different ideas - and it must be better than getting 30 boxes of chocolates all at once!
    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...