Pages

Sunday 14 March 2010

Full Up

Somedays you wake up and you want to make lots of things for all the lovely people who mean the most to you. On Saturday I had a buzz for making stuff.

After breakfast I made a patchy hot pot stand for my mum. She likes different colours to me I thought, so I chose accordingly and then hung it up only to see the colours fit here just so.


I finally made the flannel bag to replace the tatty excuse we had been using. This elderly curtain panel was pretty worn out in places so I patched on a few extra fish.


Then I felt in a cooky mood. Butternut Squash Soup for lunch I thought and perhaps a spot of chocolate cake and definately a lemon drizzle too.



All made, soupy smells wafting and making us all hungry and then the mess that's left to deal with after all this cooking urge.


Boy were we stuffed full after that lot. Tasty though, even if I do say so myself.

Much later on I treated myself to a quick peek in the charity shop and found a few goodies. Crocheted thingies in one box.


Colourful pretty hankies in another. None destined for anything as yet. Just bought because. Just because is a very good reason to buy most things that catch your eye I think.


After a perfect Saturday I had the most wonderful Mothering Sunday. Early morning cuddles in bed, handmade cards and gifts from my beautiful girls. Then a spot of me time in bed crocheting before coming down to a just so breakfast.

Later on a visit to the other very special mum in our lives followed by yet more food.

Eat, eat, eat - that's all we've seemed to do this weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like areally divine weekend. We had pumpkin soup too, and it was scrummy and velvety. Loving the pot stand against the turquoise background, brilliant!
    glad you were sopoilt by the baby buns, have a great week,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so lovely, the colours, styles, prints & patterns, what a delicious world you live in, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like the perfect weekend..
    the cakes look gorgeous..
    love the hotpot stand you made.. colours look lovely together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh,what a lovely weekend!We spent a lot of it eating too.Nice finds at the charity shop!

    Bellaboo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like one of those perfect weekends to me. One that is warm and comforting

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely weekend you have had.I love the flannel bag you made. And the cakes look so yummy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Such a whirl of creativity! Gorgeous makes too!
    So pleased you were spoilt, so was I!
    Have a lovely day!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most definitely a wonderful weekend Mrs B and all those scrummy cakes.

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes I have eaten far, far too much this weekend too - I coukld barley move last night after my daughters mothers day offering of treacle pud and custard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love weekends like that! so warm and smiley
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh I love love makey bakey days xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Mrs Bun you have been a busy bee. I love it when I have a big creative surge and things just have to be made.

    I love your blog. I am new to blogland so if you do get a moment pop on by and have a look on my blog, any comments would be geat and appreciated.

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful weekend and Mothering Sunday.
    Love the dollies and hankies, I've got a box full of just in cases lol i think every woman should have one.
    Yummy cakes and soup, shame we don't smell-o-vision on our computer hehe!
    Many hugs,
    Catherinex

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely thrifty finds, I wish I could find stuff like that! Glad you had a lovely weekend.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely weekend you had,Love the pot stand you made!!
    Take care
    Bridie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...