Pages

Monday 15 March 2010

Ice White & a Zap of Colour

Little Bun picked a few handfuls of snowdrops in her Grandparents garden yesterday. A handful for her and a handful for me.

There's been a spot of loft clearing going on over there too. I've been given a gorgeous sparkly blue brooch.

A very delightful tiny jug.


An old Quality Street tin and a couple of my beloved childhood reading books.


There were also some black and white pictures I'd never seen before. My parents and some of the family out on one of my dad's motor launches, cruising the Broads in a stylish 60's manner. I'm sure there's loads more treasure to be unearthed yet.

Now I got a bit distracted on my way to the bank this morning. Just a spot of banking, food shopping and home to work I thought. Once I'd spotted the colour explosion of these fabulous fabrics I got a bit waylaid. Then there was the yarn - well I was helpless and couldn't say no.



Better get on with making them all into something soon before I can justify anymore temptations to myself.

15 comments:

  1. Smashing fabric and yarn!
    Love your choice of colours.
    I'll wait patiently for your creations.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely colours. You could always start a self help group "Yarn buyers anonymous". SueXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite was the big gold toffee coin, although I wouldn't turn a fudge one down either....gobble, gobble, gobble!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I brought some of the bright fabric last week....beautiful isn't it? Lovely colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have been sunny in Norfolk today then - amazing what the sight of that big yellow ball will make us do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh,a loft with treasures...how exciting!
    LOVE the little jug.


    Bellaboo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loft clear out and treasures - don't you just love those two sayings?

    Then put them togther 'oh' the excitement.....though I wish my loft was a little bit more exciting - it's just full of cr*p!

    take care,

    Nina x

    ps. love all the colours. Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what lovely yarn and fabric!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The loft clear out sounds fun.
    I have the same problem with walking past wool shops. Must buy, must buy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely brooch and i love the faraway tree stories they were my favourite !
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. how could you resist such spring like clours after such a cold winter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new Amy Butler fabrics - will you be combining yarn and fabric together in one creation?!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I had that Enid Blyton book!! I remember that cover. I loved those books :-) I wonder what happened to mine?......

    Also loving the yarn colours - can't wait to see what you come up with.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fudging around in lofts often unearth lovely treasures! Silky and Moon Face and the wonderful lands at the top of the tree - yes my fav childrens' books together with Twins at St Clares and Mallory Towers! Happy days........

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous fabric and yarn, beautiful colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...