Pages

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Thriftiness & Stitchiness

Wintery weather is back again and it was far too soggy for the carboot today. I'm keeping all my fingers crossed that the horrible rain stays away for Saturday when I'll be manning my pitch at Woodbridge.

I still needed some beautiful coloured glass to add to the mix for my stall and so I went off looking in charity shop world. I picked an area where there seems to be a CS every other shop, so stands to reason I'd find something or other.

What I found was a gorgeous selection of green and rose pink bowls and a vase.



When I popped into the antique centre to check out the prices (need to know what everyone else is selling at afterall) I found this so sweet basket. I think it might get put to good use on Sunday collecting chocolatey eggs. Oh and such a pretty tablecloth that had been shoved into a washing up bowl, that came home too.


On the way back to the car I stopped at the newsagents and found a great American crochet mag. There's so much to inspire in it.


What I really love are these cushions. I remember seeing something similar on Sarah London's blog and loving the bumpy ridges. Guess that's the next hooky project sorted then.


The stitchy stuff I'm finishing off is nearly done. A mix of hooky and fabric hangers;



a basketful of colourful big flower brooches and jolly hooky bunting;


and finally trivets, leaping hares and pincushions to be. Just labels to sew on and I'll be all done and dusted.


Have a wonderful Easter Weekend won't you and I'll see you again after the celebrations.

11 comments:

  1. I bought a copy of Crochet Today when I was in the US a couple of years ago - and I don't even crochet. But is was just so lovely.
    Manda
    treefalldesign.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful Easter too Lisa and a monster day at Woodbridge - take care and 'Happy Easter'

    Nina x

    ps. I've finished the edges just the loose ends to tie in now which is going to take me an age - I know!

    N xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glass bowls.
    I have a standing order with my newsagents for Crochet Today, and she gets it in for me every two months, which is when it comes out. It is my fave crochet magazine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you all have a wonderful time,and that the sun shines on you for the Fair.Love those crochet cushions.That's what I'm loving about crocheting...there are so many great ideas out there to try.

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been busy, I see you have found the extra time that didn't exist to make things! looking forward to seeing you & your wares on Saturday. Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you lots of luck for Saturday! Hope you sell out of your goodies!
    Such gorgeous finds!
    Have a Happy Easter!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping for sunshine on Saturday too as I'll be popping along to the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lets hope the forecast is wrong & Saturday is sunny.

    See you at the Fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have been busy!! Have a lovely weekend. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy Easter Mrs. Bun and all mini buns and him bun!

    Jonathon Creek, the Doctor and a new Ashes to Ashes, life is good in the televisual world!

    Loving the glass hope Woodbridge is knock out!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...