Pages

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Knitty Bouquet

Do you find that some things can't be put into the to be finished later pile? In the main I have a lot of WIP's and unfinished, probably never to be finished things. Last night I stayed up pretty late because I really really wanted to finish this lovely bouquet brooch. It's a Julie Arkell pattern from one of the Loop knitbooks and I love it. It's oversized, bold, bright and has just that dash of humour which she injects into all of her work.




Now being a Wednesday and it's Spring, there's much excitement as the Car Boot is back. A friend came with me today and we whizzed around trying to spot treasure before anyone else. Sadly it was a bit thin on the ground today, but I did manage to get a few bits and bobs.

A selection of cards to attach to my brooches. Not sure if this lot and a small sample of their fine fare would put you off or not.




I also grabbed a jolly jug and a crinoline lady plate for my upcoming markets. The coloured glass that I love to gather and sell on is hiding well this winter so I might have to start buying off some of my friends to add to the supply. Who knows what treasure next week might bring.


Now it's off for a spot of sewing before getting my lovelies from school. Crochet group tonight and then planning for work tomorrow. Oh and I've just remembered Mr Bun has asked me to get some Guiness if I happen to be near any. In celebration of our Irish blood methinks on St Patricks Day. Personally I can't stand the stuff, so I think a drop of the red stuff for me.

17 comments:

  1. Love your bouquet brooches! Nice 'n bright!
    I'd love to come treasure hunting with you!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great unique brooch. I think the champagne card and others would be great - just not so sure about the sprouts one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guiness with a glug of port is very, very nice - takes the bitterness off it.

    Love the brooch and it is very you Mrs B and some lovely treasures too.

    Happy St Patrick's and enjoy the rest of your day.

    Nina xx

    ps. I think I'll probably run out of steam on the garden very quickly - sorry....maybe next year??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bouquet brooch and for some reason am drawn to the sprout card!!

    Looks like a good day out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely brooch!
    Happy St Patrick's Day!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St Patrick's Day!!
    Your brooch is absolutely gorgeous.
    Take care
    Bridie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely brooch, you are very clever with the old hook.

    I couldn't think of any thing nicer than spending a Wednesday morning mooching around a car boot sale.

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your flower brooch, so cheerful and bright.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the brooch,bright and very exotic looking, just the thing to bring anyone out of the doldrums of a long winter! Samshing!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the brooch - different but so appealing because of that.

    Is the car boot sale the one in south Norwich - I forget the name of it? If it is, I haven't been to that one for years

    Viv
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cheery - I love your bouquet brooch! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your brooch is gorgeous Lisa you clever girl. I have just started to knit, I could not put it off any longer! One day I might make something this wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The brooch is absolutely wonderful - really unique and very fun.

    Have a lovely weekend

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oof, would you be able to make one for me in time for the P & M? Here's dreamin'

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also have that jug, the handle is cracked clean in two. I didn't realise when I bought it. I don't know how much longer it will last but I can't bear to chuck it yet because I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...