Pages

Friday 8 October 2010

Colouring In

I've always loved colour. I don't have any favourites, it all depends on how I'm feeling. Colourful clothes can cheer me up on a grey day, looking at colourful yarns and fabrics makes me feel inspired to get making and choosing paint is often impossible as I fall in love with so many shades and colours and want them all. I love blue with red, but then putting it with silver and grey looks great too.
Bright cheery and whimsical I love a lot. Intense colour contrasts are perfect to me.
So are more autumnal colours with a dash of hot pink. 

But to be honest,  as much as I couldn't pick a favourite colour or mixture I realise I'm drawn much more to the intense colours of apple green, cherry red, tangerine orange, and bubblegum pink. That's why, when I decided to have a go at making my own extraordinary blanket, as inspired by Dottie Angel, I chose colours I don't use very often. I'm really enjoying putting this colour mix together. Wondering which colour I'll choose next and seeing how they look together.
I'm not sure if I might make it a bit larger than the sixteen squares and then I might add a few embellishments of my own. Who knows, that's the thing with colour, it all depends where the mood takes you.

16 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I do love bright clashing colours together, especially the red, apple green and hot pink, even though my home is more muted, cream shabby chic with a splash of colour in each room. Love your blankets, they are going to be so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much like you, I pretty much like all colours...except orange. I just can't gel with that one! Bright turquoise is a massive mood lifter for me, bright red and olive green....but I also love the pastels of chalk blue and barely there pinks mixed with rich creams for comfort. Depending on what mood I am in depends on the colour of the day! Have a super weekend! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another lover of strong colours - pinks, greens, red & purples.

    Love your new blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobo,Im new to the blogging world,but have to say I love it and your blogs right up my street,I love thrifting and crafting,I only wish I lived nearer your way so I could come to some of the markets,they sound great! have a lovely weekendxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and I'm sure the end product will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blanket colours Lisa! I made a Dottie Angel blanket too in turquoise, brown and cream!
    Have a great weekend. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure the end result is going to be so gorgeous! Have a great day! xoxoxo www.1942charm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh where would we be without colour?
    I can do any colour really except orange....no idea why but it just makes me grate my teeth!
    have alovely colourful weekend!
    Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be gorgeous, I just know it, I can not wait to see the finished result. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm looking forward to seeing your finished blanket. I love the colours you have chosen. I crocheted some flowers to go on mine. I've made two now, and think I will make another, but bigger this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the red. pink and green that you've put together, lovely and cheery.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blanket is looking lovely,colour always cheers me up and its great to find new shades that you never noticed creeping into your home, at the moment mine is yellow and purple!!!( much to everyones disgust!!) Happy weekend x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. making a blanket playing with colours is just the best - enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love colour too especially clashing colours. A bit random but my favourite gardener was the late and great Christopher Lloyd. I find his colour combinations inspiring my favourite is the purple and red. There is a picture I particulary love in his book 'Colour for the adventurous gardener' it shows red/orange crocosmias with purple/ blue eryngium definatley worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving those colour combos - the dash of hot pink is definitely doing it for me! I'm looking forward to seeing how the crochet turns out (I think I might have a go when I've finished my current granny stripe)
    Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab colours. Colour makes the world go around! What stitch are you using? V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...