Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Mystery & Mistletoe

We came back from work last night to find the Bun's and Grandma curled up working on The Famous Five's The Vanishing Thief. We muscled in straight away as we love puzzles too. 
Today has been a mad whizzing around day off filled with stuff I like. In between popping to church for the school Harvest Festival and a spot of "We Plough the Fields and Scatter..." I did a wee bit of wool and nice things therapy. I reasoned that the Bun's needed new shiny pencils as I love using these Crayola ones best. I got some garish Halloween stickers to go with them so we can get busy making pictures next week. I also fell for these zingy yarns, how could I resist. Perfect for finishing my blankets and some more Happy Days Bunting.
 
I was also in sensible mummy mode for a mo and went in the cheap & cheerful bargain shop for warm duvets for the Bun's beds. Then I spotted smelly candles and knew I'd solved the stinky smell from the woodburner. It smells so smoky even though we haven't lit it for a few days, now Honeydew Melon will cover it up nicely.
 
And here's some proof that I did start whipping up a few of those Misteltoe Kisses brooches. Got to sew them up and then on to the next make on the list.
My fridge would like to say it was very flattered by all your kind words by the way. It was a very lovely present from my folks when we finished building our kitchen at our old house. My Nan had a pink fridge so it feels right having our own.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day, and I can understand how you couldn't resist that gorgeous wool! Really enjoying your blog by the way and your home looks very colourful and homely indeed :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hymn..'we plough the fields'..takes me back to school days! The buns will need those warm duvets tonight it's turned really chilly! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely day you've had, a nice mixture of all things nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love my school harvest festivals,I do like a good sing along, enjoy your halloween crafts this holiday and I also love your pink fridge x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wool is scrumptious. Love the mistletoe too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wool what gorg colours. I think thats magical that you have the same colour fridge as your nan bless. Enjoy making the mistletoe. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Crayola pencils are the best!
    Love your gorgeous new yarn and the mistletoe kisses are great. :)
    Sounds like you had a lovely day!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My woodburner does that too :-( I think it is when the seal in the door has gone a bit - stinks doesn't it. oohh love the brightly coloured photos. By the way, I am having a giveaway at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic puzzle!And.. those mistletoe brooches, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love all the happy colors in your photos! We have our school Harvest Festival in just a short while, looking forward to it as it will be our first!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you can't beat a good harvest festival sing along! Just love the colours of the produce.
    Mistletoe looks fantastic. I love the tin behind your fragrant candle btw. I didn't get round to commenting on the last post but you can tell your fridge it has another admirer! Jacs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. im really envious over your fridge! also i liked the socks your making for the girls. hope you're well, sorry ive hardly been in blogland just recently! take care, fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa, it was nice to see you on Thursday, my sister and I didn't unearth many vintage treasures in Yarmouth though !I always enjoy reading your blog and marvel at how you manage to find the time to do all that you do.Hope to see you again soon
    love Lori x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...