Pages

Monday 20 February 2012

LAst Minutes

Here we are, at the end of a week which was everything we wished for. Quickly, far far too quickly it's all over and now we're dreaming up adventures for the Easter holidays.

This weekend we played catch-up. We finished the puppets who have since been christened the rude boys. They prefer swinging round so their nobbly tails hang below their heads.


After a full of fun week and then hideous colds everyone pretty much wanted to hide away and get cosy this weekend. I couldn't tempt them to leave the house on Saturday. Pouring rain and the promise of a fleamarket just didn't do it for my lot. 

Off I toddled on my own to see if there were any treasures still left just before closing time. Two cheeky chappies hadn't floated anyone's boat so they were mine for the taking.


I bought a china cat which Little Bun declared creepy and laughed at. On the way out of the hall, I spied out a very tempting basket indeed. It was even better when I ran over to take a closer look. After a quick haggle I was thrilled to have a split coconut basket. I've never seen one this shape before.


My basket count is getting fairly high which means I have to start more new projects to keep in them.


For now the new basket looks just right sitting empty in the kitchen waiting for stuff.

This morning Little Bun and I went off to a skating party. Miss Rosey was still too poorly to come along. I'd been putting off making a present all week. In true last minute style I whipped up a pencil case half an hour before we left. 


I hope she likes it.

18 comments:

  1. What a fantastic basket, no wonder you rushed over to it.
    The pencil case makes a lovely gift, beautiful fabric.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find the basket was, it's lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you had colds but good to hear you had a good week. Its gone far to quickly for my liking. Those puppets are fab and such fun bet the kids love them. Wow that basket is gorgeous what a great find. Enjoy your week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing to be able to make a pencil case in half an hour! It would take me twice as long as that just to choose the fabric! Well done. Dev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That basket is amazing, and perfect for filling with a project! I hope Miss Rosey feels better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week was had! Love the basket. I could quite happily just stare at it all day!

    Have a lovely Monday!

    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the puppets how cute!

    The basket was a brilliant find I love the shape of it.

    I know what you mean about the holidays going too fast! Same here, my eldest really did not want to go to school today.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baskets are like bags, you can never have too many!
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the puppets! Fantastic basket too!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your little treasures are lovely, and your puppets are fab :)
    have a lovely week Lisa x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well if she doesn't like it I'll have it!!!!!
    Hope you're all feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say, that as lovely as that basket is, I was totally distracted by your gorgeous dresser cabinet and all the pretty bits inside. Please can we see more!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so talented - the only thing I could rustle up half an hour before a party is a panic! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your basket - I'm quite envious as I never see such gorgeous baskets on my travels!
    And your makes are just lovely as always,
    Happy days to you

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the dresser/cabinet...actually i just got giddy looking at it- so beautiful your home!! ;0)
    such a wonderful colours and i love your makes x...baskets are a must have!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the basket...and I love the flowers too. Great things...have a lovely weekend Janice

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing to be able to make a pencil case in half an hour! Your life looks very full indeed, and I can hear your gratitude, and I know it runs deep for many reasons. XO
    looking forward to all the good things your blog shares.
    http://www.abercrombieuksales.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...