Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

A WHole Lot of Eating

Today was a day I was really looking forward to. Midweek I'd had to go in to work, now I'm off until next Tuesday which suits me just fine.


The Bun's and I fancied a home comforts day. Having been sneezing and feeling generally rubbish since Sunday this sounded perfect to me. When I got up today I found my voice had run away too so it was a lovely quiet day for the Buns.


Our day revolved around food quite a lot. Dippy eggs for breakfast before a tramp over the fields.


One minute Little Bun and Alfie were there ...


... then they were off like a pair of rockets.


After cutting across quite a few fields, we climbed a stile and suddenly we were back in the village again. Pennies for sweets didn't get spent as the shop was closed for lunch. 


We apologised to the ducks for forgetting their bread. Alfie always eats more than they get anyways.



Nearly home again now. Midday - time for soup with chocolate cookies and cheesy buns. Recipe found while I was at work yesterday blog browsing on my phone, Florence and Rose is a lovely blog to visit, full of great ideas. So glad I stopped by as they're seriously delicious. I swapped the mozarella for goats cheese as I hate the stringiness and much prefer salty cheese.


The rest of the afternoon went by in a blur of Sylvanians and then puppet making followed by creamy hot chocolates. I think I must have added a stone to my body today, but it's been a blissful day. A much needed, good time with my girls.

14 comments:

  1. Those little cheesy buns looks seriously delicious, and lovely to have time to just womble with the girls. Talking of food, when are we going to try that little tea shop again? I still haven't been there and it would be lovely to meet up.
    Enjoy the weekend, P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a lovely post, the cheese buns look delicious, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lovely, chilled out day. Your girls are really growing. For some reason, it's not half term for Harry until next week. We're having building work done so home is anything but peaceful now and I just want to escape! Have a good rest over the next few days...
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a wonderful day, you live in a beautiful area. Those buns look yummy im going to pop over now and take the recipe also. Have a lovely weekend and i hope you feel better soon. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear...hope you feeling fine soon.
    Pictures look like you had a lovely day with the girls.
    I really want to make those cheese buns once...mmmmmm!

    have a nice weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its days like this you remember even when your children are all grown up! Sounds lovely.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly thank you very much for the little cheese bun linky, I'm glad you liked them......we're all mad on cheese in this house!
    What a super little walk, your girls are adorable. I think it's so important to just have a few days where nothing much is planned, and we can just be......it's even nicer when the kiddies are about to enjoy it with too!
    Nattie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww sounds like a lovely day with your girlies! We are having a slow day today wellish. There is still a pile of washing to be sorted ironed and all that yicky stuff!
    But for the girls at least some rest.

    Hope you have a fab weekend too.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a special time with your lovely girlies. Sometimes it's just the simple home comfort things that really matter and yes FOOD must simply come into the equation! Love the look of your cheesy buns too, I'm salivating at the thought. I read a funny quote on Pinterst about calories being tiny creatures that live in your closet and sew your clothes a bit tighter every night ! :0) Enjoy your weekend and hope the sniffles go away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely day.It made me feel all warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are having a great half term, and the walk will have counter-acted all the eating!! Your kitchen table looks just like mine - I have the same oilcloth and it usually has boiled eggs on it too! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. like the sound of your day, am hoping for one of those today, your previous hot choc piccies inspired me to go out and buy squirty cream and sprinkles :)
    have a lovely weekend x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm... cheesey buns! The whole day sounds perfect. All that fresh air + comfort food... I bet you slept sound that night :-)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmmm, lovely lovely day.
    hoping you have good new week
    fee x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...