Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Going with the Flow

Somehow we managed to leap out of the house good and early on Saturday morning. We'd planned to go and see Brave at the cinema as it was on a cheapo kids screening at the very nice with comfy seats Picturehouse. Seems lots of other parents had the same idea as only one seat was left when we turned up. Mr had a very good save the day idea of hot choc and cake. Then the day moved into being one of my favourite types of day. The one's that we have hardly ever now we're parents. The kind of day where nothings planned, it just happens and we smile all the way through it.


Mind you, we only had a few of these days as I got pregnant with Miss Rosey the minute we stopped fannying around and got together.

After our cake we listened to a great Skiffle band in the street and had a wonderful people watching time. Time to stop, stand and see all going on around me is another stolen pleasure. Then we give each other a nod, a wink and a grin knowing what the other is thinking. 

The Bun's were ready to move on so we went in search of the Jumble Up Sale at the Arts Centre. 


Finding these two aprons and curtain made me really glad it was a dark room and these were hidden in a box under a table. If not they wouldn't have waited for me to be delighted with. I'm so excited with these new bits to add to the pile. I also found a floral skirt for Little Bun and a Golly with a wonky neck. I saw him, but refused to buy him. Miss Rosey was a squealer and told Mr who then looked sad until she went and got the Golly for him.


On the way back to the car we passed a museum which used to be a merchants house (one I find a bit creepy) and all three wanted to go in for an explore before heading home. We have a family museum pass so we were in for no more pennies. Knowing some of the curators we know the scary tales associated with the place, it always makes me want to rush through some bits sticking closely to my man.

After a perfect half of the day we got home to be reminded that not everyone had been out living it up and they'd like some food please.


To make the day even better Oliver was on the TV in the afternoon. Little Bun curled up with that, I started on her evacuee day dress (which has been going really well, thank goodness), Miss Rosey got back to her artwork and the boys went for a very long walk.

A good start to the weekend to be sure. Rain stopped play today though so fireworks have been cancelled until tommorow night. 5th November is the proper day anways. 

When I was 20, I worked briefly for the Metropolitan Police before I went to University. At the end of the day I had to send out summons to officers to attend court the next day. I was always getting up to mischief with the policemen I worked with. On 4th November I sent out an Appeal in a case of arson for a Fawkes G. officer unknown to Twickenham Station for the 5th. A few hours later the Chief Superintendent from there got me on the phone and gave me an ear bashing for wasting time. I was just amazed they'd not seen it straight off and had a laugh. Ho hum I was only trying to make them smile.

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day Lisa! Love those roses, they look so vintagey, I have some very similar at the moment. Lots of lovely buys, chickens, tea and cake ... can't be bad!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know which skiffle band you mean - the HeHaws? We watched them last month and they were brilliant :)

    Enjoy your fireworks tonight - I think I'll wimp out and stay indoors in the warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of the chickens waiting for their grub!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd break in to the house and raid the cupboards if they could Liz.

      Delete
  4. sounds like the perfect day ....so glad you saved golly....i think we all had to make one like that when we were at school...he looks very familiar!...enjoy the fireworks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I luke the idea of knitting gollies at school.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely day you all had, I love days that evolve in the most lovely way as that. The museum sounds really interesting and I love scary old buildings!

    Miserable Police officer, tut it is a shame that sometimes people really take life far too seriously. I thought it rather funny if that is any consolation.


    P x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spy a little pyrex bowl!
    What a lovely family day you had too and even a little sewing time for oneself thrown in....Heaven, would love to see evacuee dress soon?
    Daisy J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dress and girl in plaits will be posted as soon as I promise Daisy.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a blissful weekend ... love the hens waiting at the door ... they look like they're saying ... where the heck have you lot been - we're starving ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very demanding Bee but very loving so I forgive.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a lovely weekend!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Youngest Bea and I went to see Brave in the summer, I was secretly very disappointed! Not disneys finest! Sounds like a good day, you are lucky if your whole family like jumble sales! It's just me here, oh and Youngest Bea, if she thinks there might be some toys in there for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel less miffed we missed it if that's the case Ada. Luckily they all like a good rummage.

      Delete
  10. LOVE your box finds...bit jealous... always look under the table!lucky you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always as my knees won't let me scoot under the table.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like the perfect weekend, you found some lovely treasures, love the wobbly golly... and the pic of the girls waiting for their tea!
    Happy November 5th
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you enjoyed the fireworks tonight.
    We were visiting Norwich at the weekend and saw that skiffle group too. I have even got a pic of them on my blog!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe everything wrote made a bunch of sense. However, what about this?
    suppose you were to create a killer title? I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your blog, however what if you added a title to maybe grab folk's attention?

    I mean "Going with the Flow" is kinda plain. You could
    look at Yahoo's home page and see how they create news headlines to get viewers to click. You might add a video or a related picture or two to get readers interested about everything've written.
    In my opinion, it might make your posts a little livelier.
    My site excellent

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...